Question about Providian Cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CiRcUs-FrE, Sep 27, 2000.

1. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

If a person has no credit history at all. Not a single thing... Will Providian give you a secured or unsecured card. Since it is 1 week away for my girlfriends birthday, I am trying to get her 1 major credit card in her name. Hopefully a limit to at least 500.00 to 1000.00 dollers. At this time, we are not worried about grace periods or APR because the APR can eventualy be talked down. Just someone that will offer good credit line increases. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

2. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Question about Providian C

The answer is "NO".. Secured = YES, Un-Secured = NO.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

2 months of reported credit history (rated R1) is enough to get Providian's pre-approvals for unsecured Gold Visa ($500 initial limit). Increases aren't a problem with Providian, but fees may be high.

Providian's best entry-level card is the Aria Portrait, but if you're building from scratch, it takes more than a couple of months to qualify for it.

Saar

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

This is what my friend did:

Her credit history consisted of 1 collection for $144 and a grip of inquiries. She applied for the Aria card and got it on 10/99 w/ $250 limit. In 3/00 Aria sent her a credit line increase (to $800) offer for $49 and she did it (they took the $49 off her card). The increase was applied the next month. Then on 4/00 applied for the Capital One card and got it w/ a $500. Then shortly after that in the same month did an express credit with Macy's and got a card with $100 limit (wooptie doo).