Question about Score

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by davidpyle, Sep 30, 2003.

1. davidpyle

davidpyle Active Member

I just pulled my experian credit report through myfico.com and it was 597. I knew my score was low but not that low because I had pulled it through experians site not long ago so I went back to experians site and it was still 646? Why is that? and which score will a mortgage broker see when they pull a trimerge report? I had JUST faxed an application in my scores are 730, 687, 646(597) so the experian is low but I'd hate for a broker to see anything below 620...any info would be greatly appreciated

2. Melissap1

Melissap1 Well-Known Member

The "real" score is from myfico.com. The rest are FAKO's. The broker will see the myfico.com scores.

3. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Experian SUX! Experian used to be TRW but they ran afoul of the law and had to change their name. Not many creditors pull Experian. I have applied for credit 5 times in the past year and only 1 pulled from Experian.

Mortgage lenders pull the middle score. So even if Ex is low it doesn't matter. concentrate on bringing up your middle score and you should be okay

4. davidpyle

davidpyle Active Member

Thanks for the info, experian does bite hairy ones...I am waiting to hear back from the broker to see if my middle score will fly...do they just ignore the low and high report and just look at the middle?

5. heedsgirl2

heedsgirl2 New Member

I'm not sure about your "middle" score being accepted in regaurds to getting credit granted from your broker, but I read an article on a credit site that stated when it comes to lenders, they request your file from all 3 credit bureaus. And they base their decidsion on the lowest score from the bunch. I'm sure they do this to put a little more change in their pocket form the interest rates. I hope that doesn't bust you bubble, but you could always request that your broker pull your score from the bureau of your choice, preferably the one that has your highest score. best of luck.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MIDDLE SCORE

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

ALL 3.
    Middle score will be used.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*I read an article on a credit site that stated when it comes to lenders,
    they request your file from all 3 credit bureaus.
    2*And they base their decidsion on the lowest score from the bunch.
    3*I'm sure they do this to put a little more change in their pocket form the interest rates.
    4* you could always request that your broker pull your score from the bureau of your choice, preferably the one that has your highest score. best of luck.

=====================
    1*At least this is one thing the article got rite.
    2*Wrong: they use the middle score. Article error 1.
    3*Greedy as they are surprisingly they don't use the lowest score. Article error 2.
    4*Sorry this won't fly. They always pull all three and use the middle one.

heedsgirl2 Welcome to the board -Stick around - learn a lot.
    A good place to start is with these links.
    << ------------------------------
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=350770#post350770
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=314910#post314910

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=352826#post352826

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""''' >>

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MIDDLE SCORE

NO OTHER ANSWER

10. CharJ

CharJ Member

The article that you read is giving false information. As a mortgage broker, I will tell you, from first hand information, that lenders base all programs/ matrices on your middle score.

11. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

For mortgage, definitely they pull all three and use the middle.

Even for other loans, you usually can't tell them which to pull. Every business has their procedures on which bureau to use. It can vary by location, even by which bureau gives them a better "deal." If you asked them to pull only one, and a certain one, they would probably suspect something was wrong.

12. CharJ

CharJ Member

The article that you read is giving false information. As a mortgage broker, I will tell you, from first hand information, that lenders base all programs/ matrices on your middle score.

You do not have the option of having a "preferred" CRA. All lenders used the trimerge for credit investigations.