Question about Small Balance on CC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SheriHoppe, Oct 2, 2003.

1. SheriHoppe

SheriHoppe Well-Known Member

I have the following cards with low balances:

Fashion Bug
    Sears
    JcPenny

again all with low balances.

Would it be ok for me to send out a letter to them stating that I will pay the balances on the accounts (list the terms...I will pay XXX every month until paid...etc...) and state I will do this as long as they report to the CR positivly? Is this even possible for me to do? I owe the debt no doubt about that, and if they will allow me to I will pay the balances in a small ammount that is feasable to my income until its paid AS LONG as they do not report negativly to my CR.

Thanks for feedback, I tried searching for this but didnt find much information.

Sheri

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Have these balances been charged off?

3. SheriHoppe

I am going to get my CR online tomorrow and then I can see the exact details of the accounts and how they are being handled.

I shouldnt assume until i see the reports but I do believe that the OC of all 3 accounts are not handling them anymore and CA's are holding the accounts now.

I never recieve anything in writing about any of these accounts, I generally get messages on my machine from people asking me to call them back but they never leave where they are from, so I do not call back, I will never answer and Out Of Area or Unavailable call so if they want me to contact them back they will leave their name and where they are from. (maybe this is teh wrong approach, but I dont know where I am calling, I want to have my things ready if I am calling somewhere).

Thanks =)

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

You shouldn't call them back anyway. They'll trick you into admitting that it's yours. You should only deal with them in writing.

5. SheriHoppe

Thanks =)

I will wait till tomorrow to get my credit reports, figure out for each account who is handling what and I guess send letters to each of them stating my purpose of intent.

Thanks again =)

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

*Don't do this with a CA.