Question about Validation

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jimsimm, Sep 24, 2003.

1. jimsimm

jimsimm New Member

Several months ago I sent a validation letter to Allied Interstate (regarding a $300 Cingular bill that I'm disputing). I never heard from them again. Now that same debt has apparently been sent to Nationwide Recovery Systems in Texas and they just sent me demand for payment letter. Do I start all over with a Validation letter or what should I do at this point?

thanks

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

You should study your bunns off.

:)

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Yes, you should read all of these posts. But the short answer is, yes, you need to start the validation process with them. Make sure the other CA is off your reports. They didn't validate in 30 days, so they have to remove the entry.

You may go through this several more times. Every time they can't verify it gets sold to someone else, they can't verify either.

The good news is, it shouldn't stay on your reports. Also, depending on the Statute of Limitations, you may be buying enough time to make it uncollectable anyway.

4. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

One thing to add to your letter that may help you stop the account bouncing from one CA to another...

"Notice to agent is notice to principal. Notice to principal is notice to agent. Applies to all successors and assigns."

In other words, this correspondence applies to you, the OC, and any other company which ever breathes on this account forever...