Question for Dave

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

You said Citibank product transfered your silver AAdvantage to Plat Select, before the AA card was even produced.

Did they still assess the $50 annual fee that goes with AA, or did they waive it? Thanks.

Saar

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Hi, Saar

No annual fee was charged. The rep on the phone - very polite - indicated the new features I would receive with my platinum, and also indicated the new lower interest rate.

I received the plat. in the mail just a few days later.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Citibank approval standards -

Combining what roni, Citibank rep and you said leads to one conclusion. If you want the Plat Select, you're better off applying for the silver AA, as it is easier to qualify for and can be converted to the Plat Select w/o paying the AA annual fee.

True, it requires at least a $1,000 limit for the AA card, but I have yet to hear of any AA card holder with less than $2,500 credit line.

Saar

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank approval standard

i agree

5. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Citibank approval standard

Sorry, meant to say "less than $2,000"

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Incorrect

Brother - $2000 AA limit (one macy, one parisians, 6 months trade line, qualified instant approval, got card yesterday)

GF- one Cap 1 secured, one Macy's, one car loan (too new to show), instant approval $1000 - pending delivery (delayed due to the fact she had to fax in a copy of her phone bill due to insufficient current address time on credit report).

7. Not so

Not so Guest

RE: Incorrect

Your brother's details don't contradict that.

Your GF is the only one I've heard here being approved for less than $2,000, but according to what we know now, she can still transfer to Plat Select.

Saar