Question for Kristi ?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Nov 30, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Hi Kristi,
    I just got my Experian report from the experian site (free)thanks to the info from Killer.

I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in 1992 and when I recieved my Experian report I noticed that the Chapter 7 was being reported as a Chapter 11. I believe that Chapter 11 is bankrupcty filed by businesses.

This is the first time I have noticed this and I have a question.

Do you think that this "misrepresentation" is grounds to dispute that bK and possibly have it removed?

I know that it will drop of in about a year and a half, but if I could have it removed now that would be great because I still get denied for credit because of the bk.

Thanks

chet

2. Kristi-

Kristi- Guest

Chet,
    Any innaccuracy is grounds to question a debt. It needs to be accurate even if it only has a year to go. However, a chapter 7 remains for 10 years while chapter 13 & 11 only remain for 7 so it appears that your rating has not always said 11. You could simply question it as being too old based on the 7 year rule for 11 & 13 but you do risk it being verified as a 7. The chapter is irrelevant so changing it to a 7 does not help.

chet wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi Kristi,
    I just got my Experian report from the experian site (free)thanks to the info from Killer.

I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in 1992 and when I recieved my Experian report I noticed that the Chapter 7 was being reported as a Chapter 11. I believe that Chapter 11 is bankrupcty filed by businesses.

This is the first time I have noticed this and I have a question.

Do you think that this "misrepresentation" is grounds to dispute that bK and possibly have it removed?

I know that it will drop of in about a year and a half, but if I could have it removed now that would be great because I still get denied for credit because of the bk.

Thanks

chet

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Chet,
    I think you should call experian and dispute the item over the phone as being obsolete. They may delete it right then. If not, you can then write a letter dispute and dispute it on grounds of not being yours.

roni

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Maybe dispute it for being older than 7 years since it states Chap 11? But as Kristi said they may realize it was Chap 7, but I guess that is a chance you may want to take?? Not sure but whatever you do, GOOD LUCK and I hope it turns out the best for you:)

Mom