Question for MBNA Quantrum Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, May 15, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I now have two MBNA Visas. Both accounts came after MBNA bought out Suntrust BankCard and First Tennessee. 12500 combined total, what are my chances of combining into a Quantrum Card. Income is right around 40k.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Doug,
    I don't know they will combine two Visa accounts into Qauntum Mastercard since they acquired Suntrust Bank Card portfolio.
    By the way, they don't look at your income when you upgraded your account. I requested to combine the other MBNA Gold option and MBNA Card and they haven't done anything at the end. I upgraded my Garfield Platinium Plus Account to Quantum Card in last December. The minimum credit line for Quantum Card $10,000. You can called them to ask whether they can combine your accounts and convert into Qauntum Card. Their number for Quantum Card is (800)896-3698. Let me know how things turn out. Take care.

Ron.

3. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I recently combined two MBNA Platinum Plus Visa accounts into a Quantum Master Card. I believe MBNA will combine two accounts and upgrade to Quantum if they are the same kind of card (Plat. Plus)

Good Luck!!!

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Quantum: like a Quantum leap. the minimum credit line considered is 10K. I know b/c my significant other applied to a preapproved deal but got b/s 8700 limit Platinum Plus (this is a joke b/c First USA tried to increase our card from 10K to 25K and they were told to lower it back to 10K b/c we'd never use 25K with them with their interest rates... so I knew the income/score qualified for 10K... we just got bait and switched). but

they didn't know they were dealing with a no b/s New Yorker. With one phone call the limit was raised to 10k and Quantum was issued.

You could likely just request an increase on 1 card, letting them know you want Quantum.

FYI: after talking to them several times, they have several different Quantum offers depending on what your goal is going to be with them. They have no annual fee cards w/benefits out the wazzoo... most have very low interest rates.

We actually took the one with no fees whatsoever (caution: they really had to look for this one b/c most of the reps aren't trained in Quantum yet). But with no fees ever, we got 13.99. no annual, late, overthelimit... nothing. Int rate Doesn't matter, no balance will EVER stay on the card.

It really is funny, I am an AU on a Quantum card... and then I also have Providian ones in my wallet. Oh, what a difference :)

If you don't get anyone who can really explain what offers for Quantum they have (their normal c/s reps really don't have much of a clue) then post later and I'll look up the Quantum phone number for you. The actual Quantum reps are GREAT.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

actually let me qualify. I was told 10k limit and spotless credit.

I asked about adding me as a joint cardholder (financially responsible so it'd show on my credit report) and I was told I'd have to also qualify. Odd. So I didn't bother, obviously. :) they don't report AUs.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

1-800-896-3698 QUANTUM NUMBER...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FORGOT TO SAY...FROM PREVIOUS POSTS...A LOT OF MBNA AMERICA REPS KNOW VERY LITTLE ABOUT THE QUANTUM CARD...

13.99% WITH A LOW "TEASER" RATE LIKE 2.90%...
    THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A 9.99% RATE BUT THEY COULDN'T FIND IT FOR ME SO I DIDN'T CONVERT...

8. AZMDX

AZMDX Active Member

What's the difference between MBNA Platinum plus and MBNA Quatum?

George