Question for NanaC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Zoe, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Zoe

Zoe Active Member

In 1995 my husband and I filed a Chapter 13 and then withdrew the petition before the court date. The lawyer told us that it would never show up on our credit reports. Well, file that one with some of the other famous lies!! I have disputed the BK as "not mine" so many times I've lost count. Finally, I got the papers from the court and disputed the bk on the basis of "Dismissed without confirmation". That one didn't work either. I saw your earlier post about incorrect case numbers and dates. I checked the reports and lo and behold some of the dates on the credit reports are wrong! Can you give me an idea of how to word a dispute based on the wrong dates. Should I just write "I never had a bankruptcy dismissed in January, 1996?
    Thanks for any advice you can give.
    Good luck with Dell!
    Zoe
    I realize it will drop off our reports in less than a year, but I've become obsessed with getting it off the reports NOW!!

2. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Zoe,

I know the feeling. I filed BK-7 in April of 1992. I've successfully deleted it from EQ & EX but TU won't budge. The funny part about it is that the docket number is wrong as well as the attorney's name.

They did delete it back in May for 15 days but re-inserted it. I've been considering filing a lawsuit against them but I have less than a year to go and don't know if it's worth it.

Good luck!

Manny

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Zoe,
    Here's the wording I used (always credited to Marie, BTW)..:)

I never filed a BK13 with case #XXX, filed on XXX, with Assets of XXX and Liabilities of XXX as an Individual. Please remove.

So, yes, in your case, just say I never filed a BK13 with dates of XXX. Please remove.

I did mine online so that's how I worded it.

Just use the words and list your personal errors as such. :)

Good luck!