Question for netKat?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Enjoyed reading your article on usabancshares. A little while back you mentioned the approval process of a Bank Card application where a human is almost never involved. Just wondering if you ever wrote an article on the process steps and how it works when the issuer receives your application.

2. netKat

netKat Guest

Actually, no. I have a general knowledge of it, but not enough to write a big review.

My previous employer did very little automation of the application process. The applications came in and waited in queues for analysts to pull them up and decide yea and nay and set the credit line. The whole decision making process is very interesting, and often quite fast. And the way the credit lines are set sometimes have to do with competition with the other tradelines on the account. "What can I give this guy so he uses my card over the others?"

Also, some banks have credit reconsideration units where you can actually call in and speak with a human analyst to see if you can cut a deal, or at least get an idea of what you need to do in order to gain approval. IMHO, it's too bad that computerized strategy programs are so depended upon these days.

Kat
    http://creditexpert.tripod.com/home.htm

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Interesting!

Thanks again.