question for Roni re gold/silv

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Irish Diva, Jan 31, 2001.

1. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Roni,

thanks to your advice I obtained a 'gold level' Citi AAdvantage card. I have seen people on the board (and I believe this includes yourself) mention they also have the silver level card. Is it still possible to get (that is to have both level cards?) or am I better off waiting a few more months (till I hit my 6 months) and then apply? Thanks for your help!

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE I'm Not Roni...But

It's definitely possible to get both and you don't have to wait either.

For example, I applied for the silver, and then the gold, only two days a part and got a $9000 limit on both. One month later, I dropped the silver, combined the credit limit with my gold and had an $18000 limit on just the one card. Others here, including Roni, have upgraded one of the cards to Platinum but I was happy with the gold.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

3. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

RE: RE I'm Not Roni...But

Thanks - that does. Just didn't want to waste an inquiry if it wasn't possible!

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: RE I'm Not Roni...But

Let us know.

Donna

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

RE: question for Roni re gold/

Yes, it is possible.

6. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Result

I got the usual "we will contact you when we finish reviewing your application." The app does ask if you're a current card holder and what the account # is. The message is the one I got when I applied for the Gold World Card (AA) and to my total surprise within a week I had it. I haven't had a "prime" card (or any card for that matter) for a few years. Hopefully I'll have the same surprise next week. Will let you know.

7. skip

skip Guest

Irish Diva Donna

How do your credit profiles look-any lates,charge-offs etc.? Have you had an account with citi in the past? I am considering applying with good credit however I had a bad account with them in the past which is not on my credit report.Which CRA do they use and what part of the country are you? Thanks Skip.

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Irish Diva Donna

I would be careful skip. If you have had a previous account with them, make sure it has been paid before you apply. Many credit issuers keep internal records indefinately. Just a heads up!

9. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

RE: question for Roni re gold/

Anyone know who Citi pulls in FLA? (North Fla, actually)

Thanks,
    =Alwilda Smith

10. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

RE: Irish Diva Donna

Had a paid chargeoff with Citibank several years ago. Have a few old paid chargeoffs that will fall off this year. Don't remember the CB they pulled. I'm in AZ.

Hope this helps.