Question for Sam on Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I had one of those citi click cards w/ $1000 cl. I just got it bumped up to 1500 after 6 months. I applied for a new card from them and got the automated response and denial. I have 660s for scores and an excellent payment history with citi click. I applied for the platinum. Did I screw up here and should have applied for the AA gold or silver? AND should I apply for one of those now?

2. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I think so!

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

sure go apply for the AAdvantage, i mean we have repeatedly told you guys to only apply for the AAdvantage silver, theres no real benefit to applying for platinum other than a possible wasted inquiry.

you get the same product in the end.

4. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Did it. Got the "we will let you know" response. Probably not a good sign. See this is the part that is confusing. With Chase, if you apply for a top-tier card and don't qualify, they automatically bump you back down to the lowest card you qualify for. Citibank doesn't seem to do that. And it seems obvious to me that would be the best way to go on the part of the bank but maybe not to everyone else.

Thanks.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

1-301-733-5501. Call them in two days, and if declined ask for a re-evaluation.

I hope you get it,