question for ya...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Sep 9, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

are amex charge cards generally used to get peoples feet in the door with amex and then once you obtain Blue or whatever other product you really want you cancel it. I understand the point of carrying a platinum charge card, benefits wise if you travel a lot, it would be priceless, but after some "soul searching" have found the only real reason I wanted an amex gold charge was the good feeling (ego boost) of a 21yr old kid carrying an AMEX GOLD CHARGE ,and the ability to transfer MR points into almost any FF program, and realized as far as benefits, the starwood card carries just about the same benefits. I am just curious what everyone thinks about this, am I just WEIRD or STUPID or is their some great reason I should keep my amex gold card, I am absolutely keeping my optima platinum (9400$ CL) but am curious if there is a great benefit to the charge cards that everyone knows about BUT ME? Not trying to push anyones buttons, just curious, thanks:)

2. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

are amex charge cards falling behind in the times or is it just me? It seems to me that their annual fee is way higher than any other cards and seem to offer "fairly close to the same benefits" as the platinum cards from chase, citibank, etc.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I use UNITED VISA and AMEX DELTA GOLD as "CHARGE" cards...I PAY-IN-FULL every month and I get MILES...