Question never asked here...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by M, Jan 29, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Amen!!

:)

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Lifestyles

Thanks Dog

Mom:)

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX - A Bit More About Me

J Edgar - I now know we have experienced
    some very difficult problems - that many people will never understand.

I am the only survivor of my old "group" of 20 friends. 19 men that were my friends died.

It was SF in the early 80s. The cocaine was old, the town now seeing gay men die every week. People you knew at a party a month B4 were dead. You would see block after block of apartment buildings vacate, month by month - due to deaths.

I saw ambulances every day carting away people. I knew I also had this disease!

Everyday I wondered what or when I would start losing weight, get infections, then pneumo, then death.

Then I started crixivan, zerit, epivir in May 1996. Within 2 weeks, I felt like the HIV virus had left my body. I have taken the drugs ever since with no side effects at all. The studies continue - I see the doc every 3 months - nutritionist every 3 months.

I am clear that GOD has a reason or mission for me - and I do know that I will follow out whatever I am supposed to do.

I very much appreciate your candor.

I enjoy you very much J. Thanks for your message. It makes me feel like I know you
    much better.
    Dogman

4. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Amen!!

thx :)

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Herman the Hippo? / X Answ

Way to go Dog. I'm laughing so hard right now because I can vividly see the cable car skidding out of control and smashing him as flat as a pancake from IHOP. LOL!

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: THX - A Bit More About Me

You're an inspiration Dogman. I am glad that your health is good. I worked in the social services field for years with clients who had this disease. You are on a great drug combination. I'm glad you are committed to taking them. It has done wonders for many people. You are in my prayers. Continue taking great care of yourself & thanks for sharing with us! :)

7. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Skidding

Miles - unfortunately that skidding thing happens every - but most of the time the skidding is the tires of the out of control MUNI buses trying to cut off a Honda - in the wrong lane - and of course - the driver of the HONDA is flipping off the MUNI driver.

THEN, after the light changes - I proceed to the next block towards downtown!

Get an AMEX. They'll do it.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing Dogman, you are truly an inspiration, I believe my cousin is taking the same medications and they have also done wonders for him, we thought we were going to lose him a few years ago, but thanks to god in heaven he is still in our lives. Your post made me cry a little , I remember what my cousin went through early one, but he has stood proud and has taught me alot.

God Bless
    Mom:)

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I hope I didn't sound too corny. We all are personally close to someone who is positive (whether we know it or not), but the only way I knew about how great the medication is was through my job. I didn't want to sound like some weirdo social worker. ;-) LOL

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Your post was not corny at all. This thread has really gotten to me, and I won't comment on the moronic poster that starting being judgemental. Your post was well appreciated miles:)

Mom

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

THX - which AMEX do you want?
    Trying to get back to biz :)
    Dogman

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Great Mom - have you noticed your cousin may also have a weird sense of humor?
    Youre great :)

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Well, let's see...I WANT them all, but I guess I have to be realistic. LOL
    I think I want to start with the Amex Green. You have had such good luck with that. I'm sure that's where I will start. I'll let you know as soon as I apply. Thanks for keeping us all updated of your Amex accomplishments. It's helped me a lot and given me the courage to apply soon.

14. arteagle

arteagle Guest

help is near

go to narth.com. Unless you were one of the 30 militant fags that stormed the narth convention LA breaking windows and making death threats. so much for tolerance.

15. mt

mt Guest

RE: help is near

You are ignorant. It is unfortunate that you have posted your uneducated comments on this site. This thread has some valuable information (don't equate what you've posted with my use of the word valuable), and now it will most likely be removed.

16. river

river Well-Known Member

arteagle,if I were to let my fingers do the thinking this is what the message would look like right about NOW:mad:# $%^# ^*&^%$^$ #$% THEN %^ $#^ *() $#%^ @#$ %$# > You are a disgrace to this board and should ^&%$ &* *&%# #$%^ &^* (*)&^% %^&*@! ^#*(+^@.We are here to help one another and don't need your ^%&$%^ &^*($# %^&*# &^#&. I would suggest that you get some serious ^%$&* help.It's people like you that drag peope behind trucks down dirt roads with no compassion and take a human life and tie them to fence post to die in a open cornfield and drive away. I would never want to meet you face to face.It's people like you and Jenny Jones that provoke hate crimes.Go find her and leave the innocent people here alone.In order for M to have his question answered, he had to be honest about his situation and there is no place here for bashing.WHEW, now letz move on gayly forward guyz.

17. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Bravo!!!

I had to sit on my hands not to reply to this character, arteagle.

River, your words or lack of words reflect the opinions of alot of ppl in this thread.

Good job for it's intent and message.

River wrote:
    -------------------------------
    arteagle,if I were to let my fingers do the thinking this is what the message would look like right about NOW:mad:# $%^# ^*&^%$^$ #$% THEN %^ $#^ *() $#%^ @#$ %$# > You are a disgrace to this board and should ^&%$ &* *&%# #$%^ &^* (*)&^% %^&*@! ^#*(+^@.We are here to help one another and don't need your ^%&$%^ &^*($# %^&*# &^#&. I would suggest that you get some serious ^%$&* help.It's people like you that drag peope behind trucks down dirt roads with no compassion and take a human life and tie them to fence post to die in a open cornfield and drive away. I would never want to meet you face to face.It's people like you and Jenny Jones that provoke hate crimes.Go find her and leave the innocent people here alone.In order for M to have his question answered, he had to be honest about his situation and there is no place here for bashing.WHEW, now letz move on gayly forward guyz.

18. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

You, arteagle, are a complete waste of bandwidth.

I will however say, that since you have decided to promote NARTH (That's the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality), perhaps people should know what NARTH is really all about.

NARTH is really a front organization for those "faith-based" (popular term these days) family values organizations, typically associated with right-wing christian organizations.

The whole idea of "reparitve therapy" has been completely discredited by agenda-free mental health professionals. It is DANGEROUS and DESTRUCTIVE. Most of their 'success stories' involve people who were not really gay, but used homosexual behavior as a form of acting out or to meet some kind of neurotic or psychotic need. Indeed, there are far more 'failures' than successes, including some of the people that founded Exodus, another discredited 'ex-gay' organization.

Some of these famous failures include John Paulk, the poster-boy for Focus on the Family, who got his puss on the cover of Newsweek, and former board chairman of Exodus, who was spotted in a gay bar in Washington DC 'having a beer with the boys', admitted that he was gay when directly asked by a patron who happened to work for the HRC, and when later confronted with the facts gave the lame excuse he just went there to use the bathroom.

NARTH is nothing but a bunch of self-serving hypocrites with agendas who should have their licenses to practice revoked for trying to impose their own personal values on their clients.

Well, you know what? I'm very happy with who I am, and I don't need any group of alleged professionals with not-so-hidden agendas to tell me otherwise.

19. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Exactly Dogman,

I've lost dozens of friends and acquaintences over the years from all over the country. I've gone through all of the horror shows of funerals, death watches, "Goodbye visits", farewell parties, helping the partner left behind deal with the vindictive family, etc, etc.

Fortunately, a number of my friends lasted long enough to get on the current regimine of meds and now have the prospect of actually collecting social security. Now they are coming to grips with the fact that they are gonig to live another 20-30 years and have completely turn around and stop living like they had only a year left.

I have one friend in SF who now has a robust contracting business and another in NYC who has decided at the age of 45 to go back and finish college. My NYC friend really screwed up his credit from when he thought he was going to be checking out soon, so I've been helping him get that back on track.

PS: Did you get a nice crixivan tan?

20. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

River may not say it but I wil

Arteagle - you are a chickenshit @!#$. May I suggest you go to dipshits.com. You are one disgusting jerk. What the hell is your problem? No, I am not gay but I know people who are and personnally I don't care. Everyone has the right the do what they wish and it's not mine or your business so get over it idiot.