Question on a paid-off Past Due accout

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by seejay123, Nov 12, 2020.

  1. seejay123

    seejay123 New Member

    Hi -

    I've been able to pay off my delinquent accounts and have been improving my credit. But there's still a negative mark from the TBSC, The Best Service Company, who took on the $625 I owed Bank of the West. I paid the whole amount last December (12/19/19) so have obligated the debt.

    I understand that these marks can stay on your report for years, but I'm wondering if there's a way to request that it be removed. I sent them a physical letter of correspondence but never heard back. Is it worth hiring a debt consultation firm for such a purpose - keep in mind it's the only derogatory mark remaining on my record.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. jshimmer

    jshimmer Well-Known Member

    Anything is worth asking, but as you have already realized, they don't HAVE to because it is accurate.

    Hopefully you'll never find yourself in this position again, but if you do: Negotiate with them (for removal) BEFORE you pay it off, not after. The law requires them to report ACCURATE information, but the law doesn't require them TO report AT ALL. Negotiate payment for removal BEFORE you lose the upper hand.
  3. dustheko

    dustheko New Member

    Wow, Awesome... :) :) :)

Share This Page