Question on Direct Merchants B

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Is this a good program (anybody have major problems with them)? I see a lot of sub-prime rates on thier website, but they do have this card called rate rewards which after ever 6 months of good pay will drop the APR 1%. So ever 6 months if you have a balance and pay at least the min your APR will drop. APR's range from 23% to 13% depending on your creditworthness. Any input anyone?

2. Keith

Keith Guest

RE: Question on Direct Merchan

I have heard very bad things. If you go to yahoo search engine and type in Direct Merchants Bank their website and other websites that tell you all about them. For now stay away untill you thoroughly check them out.

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Desdemona:

I have never dealt with them personally, but there is a lawsuit pending against them for several things: lates fees on payments that were never late, billing customers for such things as PurchaseShield which the customer never authorized, etc. More information can be found on www.lchb.org and just click under Direct Merchants Bank. Hope this helps.

Dani

4. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Thanks

That's what I thought. But I just needed to clear it with the experts here that have helped me the past.

Desdemona

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

This is exactly what happened to me. Same crap. I went to that site and emailed a complaint. I also had to file a BBB complaint to have that PurchaseShield crap removed from my account. I closed my account after a few short months. Try Capital One instead, or local banks in your area that have credit cards.

Mike

Dani wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Desdemona:

I have never dealt with them personally, but there is a lawsuit pending against them for several things: lates fees on payments that were never late, billing customers for such things as PurchaseShield which the customer never authorized, etc. More information can be found on www.lchb.org and just click under Direct Merchants Bank. Hope this helps.

Dani

6. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

Hi Desdmona ..
    I've Had Dmb Card for about 2 years . Started out At 2000, now at 3800. If you make Big payments they bump up your limit . I've had no problems with them but they call you right away if you go over your limit . I've mangaged to get every over the limit fee waived and reduced my APR to 19 % someone on this board said they go as low as 10. something . I paid it off and if they don't reduce the apr I'll close it .
    Good luck .