Question re: credit denial

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JD, Apr 18, 2001.

1. JD

JD Guest

Has anyone who has been denied credit or line increases because of erroneous info on credit reports, gone back to the creditor after reports have been corrected and been reconsidered and granted their original request? I don't mean new applications.

On one of my investigation reports, the cra asked if there was anyone who had recently denied me credit, and if so, would I like a copy of my corrected report sent to them. Does the original credit grantor reconsider your application? Do they contact you to say they have received a corrected report?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what reasons were given for you denial, if they main reason was the item that you disputed and got corrected then maybe they would reconsider. However normally they list a few reasons why and can still denial for reason 2 and 3 and not reason 1 anymore.

mom

3. JD

JD Guest

Thanks for the reply. But I don't think the creditor cares about the details, they just use a formula for coming up with a score. If the erroneous info is figured into the formula, then a denial of credit or increase in credit.