Question to all....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 4, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why it seems EVERYTHING and anything is sparking a debate on this board lately? (i.e. Titles and Bannings, etc).

I'm really not interested in ignoring danggone near everybody on this board...as it seems it's coming to. Some are finding it MUCH too difficult to SHUT UP if you don't have anything constructive to say. Some are taking this WAY too personal. Some are fueling old fires and some are trying to start new ones.

Personally, I'm tired of it all. Being an adult about most things that are happening around here would keep down the crap that keeps sparking up.

If you're having a personal problem with someone, be man or woman enough to take it up with them in an EMAIL..so those of us who don't want to be caught up in your drama can enjoy the board. A little click on Account and member, PRESTO, you can personally email someone and curse them to your hearts content.

I'm hoping that any day now, people will truly grow up around here and restore the integrity to this board. Some people are so busy defending themselves, getting full of themselves, becoming self-righteous, pointing fingers, laying blame, or posting just to be crowned "credit master", that many newbies or older members alike, that post valid questions go unanswered. And THAT is pathetic.

This is a plea to those who TRULY give care....And that wasn't 2 cents...that was more like a dollar.

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Well said. Couldn't agree more. C'mon folks, let's keep our focus. Life's too short already.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

agreed

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Re: agreed

Well said, Shantel. I couldn't agree more. My ignore button has gotten a lot of use lately.

Dani

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I agree. This arguing and bickering is getting old.

7. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

A Boring Prospect

Most reasonable people have the same opinion that argument for itâ??s own sake is unproductive, irritating for those exposed to it as well. However, on any discussion board there SHOULD be a certain amount of disagreement. How else are consumers (like folks with real credit problems) to realize differing points of view, extrapolate truth, and thereby make informed decisions?

Frankly, if this board (or any other) reaches a point where constructive argument, debate of the issues not personalities, is extinguished? Then why have a â??discussionâ? board at all? No purpose would be served, other than a place for only those who agree to meet andâ?¦ Agree! Booooring! And that would truly be â??pathetic.â? [;-)

8. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Re: A Boring Prospect

CreditDefense,

Your totally right. A discussion isn't a discussion if everyone agrees all the time. What Shantel was referring to is the unconstructive arguing that has been occurring lately that has nothing to do with credit issues or problems, but personal vendettas against other members. I enjoy a good (intelligent) debate just as much as the next person, but when it comes down to he said/she said and using abusive language it has got to stop.

Dani

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Shantel & other annoyed passengers

I am truly sorry Shantel (and others) if the problems on this board have affected you this greatly.

I KNOW that I have contributed to the problems. All I can do is apologize. I cant act or be like anyone else but Veronica. That is the best I can do.

If you have put me on Ignore, that is unfortuate and understandable. I will PROBABLY continue to be on this site adding and learning. I have a few on my ignore list now to help me just ignore comments instead of responding to them all the time as well.

MOVING ON!

roni

10. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: Shantel & other annoyed passengers

I have not put you or anyone else here on ignore Roni. I prefer to not do that because even if say, someone said something really GOOD and I was ignoring them, I'd totally be missing out...and that would be a bummer! :)

11. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Re: A Boring Prospect

I thought that was what she meant. I have entered into debates a number of times on the virtues of CreditWorks. It is the name calling and destructive criticism that I am against. Bring discussions about credit on.

Exercise your credit to make it grow.

www.creditsense.com

12. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Shantel & other annoyed passengers

GOOD point