Question to CITI holder cash a

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 16, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I glanced over a friends citibank platinum statement (it was okay) and noticed their cash advance limit was 10% of their total line. i was like, damn, thats awfully low!!

isn't that wierd? my cash advance limit is
    my credit limit. Did anyone else get a really low cash advance limit , maybe this an error on the bank part, and my friend should contact them to correct this?

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: Question to CITI holder ca

Sam,

My Plat Select limit is $12,500 - cash limit $3800. Universal Plat limit $5000 - cash limit $100 (why even bother?!)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Sam, my silver/gold cash advance is same as limit. BUT my platinum has always been 30% of my credit limit been that way since I got the card 11/99. That is why when I got the aa cards i couldn't beleive that my cash advance was the same as limit, not that I ever use it.

mom

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have cards with CASH ADVANCE LIMIT from 20% of the "CREDIT LINE" to 100%.

CASH ADVANCE should be a "LAST RESORT" option.

Higher interest rate + sometimes 4% FEE on top of the higher interest rate...
    =Sometimes >40.00%!

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

True, but there are ways of taking advantage of this. CreditWorks offers memberships in multiples of $1000 that pay 19.47%APR. Our memberships entitle the holder to 11 installments and if purchased through PayPal appear on your card as purchases.

http://www.creditsense.com