Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by unlucky, Nov 14, 2001.

1. unlucky

unlucky New Member

If you have not pull your credit report or applied for credit in over 10 years would your old credit still be listed on your credit report.

Thanks
    Unlucky

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of their databanks? If you guessed the Shadow you're wrong. :)

Put it this way, they know much more about you than you will EVER know about them. Sometimes I wanna call Experian and ask them what I am gonna do tomorrow. Way better than Cleo.

-Peace, Dave

3. unlucky

unlucky New Member

Is it a good chance that the old credit is gone since it has been 10 years since a credit report has been pull?

Unlucky

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Postive trades drop off by 10 years after they're closed. Negatives drop off at 7 years.

If you never used any type of credit for 10 years, I would think you'd have a blank report. Anything thats been open during your 10 years will report. It not just when you open or close tradelines that they report.

5. unlucky

unlucky New Member

I had credit in 1990 and after that I never pull a credit report at all or applied for credit for the past 10 years.So there is a chance the credit report is blank no credit no inquires nothing.

Unlucky

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You don't have ANY open accounts? You've paid cash for everything for the last ten years?

You've never had new telephone service, opened a checking account, had a job do a background check, applied for membership at gym, ordered satelite television, etc?

If not, then maybe you do have a blank report.

7. unlucky

unlucky New Member

The reason I have not used my credit in the past 10 years I have been working in South American.Just return to the states.

Unlucky

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

But you could still have open accounts right?

Or don't you have any credit cards open during the time you where in south america?

If you have no open accounts there is a great chance you have a clean report. Why don't you try applying for a citicard and see if you get approved? If you don't get approved, then pull a credit report.Then you can see how your credit is looking.

9. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

My brother abused his credit cards when he in was college. He got out in 1990 and decided the stop using credit. We just pulled his report and it's literally blank report. There is NOTHING on it.