Questionable Late Payments

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chris, Apr 20, 2000.

1. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

The postal service must be slowing down or MBNA America is in need of more hands to process payments. I have been a cardholder for five years and had never been late on a payment, now recently MBNA has said they received my payment late in February and again in April. Has anyone else been informed that their payment was late by MBNA or is this a method to improve cash flow.

2. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems. My payment generally posts within 2-3 days of mailing and it's going cross country. The only time it has ever taken longer to post is in December, but it hasn't been posted late. I mail my payment about two weeks before it is due.

I can't tell if you spoke to MBNA or you just saw the late notice on your statement. If you haven't talked to them, call them. Note your consistent payment history and ask if they can credit any late charges. MBNA tends to be a little more customer service oriented than many banks, so they might do it for at least one, particularly if the payment was only a day or two late.