Questions about FICO score and

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eboni, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Eboni

Eboni Guest

How can I find out my FICO score? I'd like to be able to pull my credit report like a Lender and see my actual scores.

On the same note if I pull my credit report and then send it to Junum how will they know my scores? A Consumer credit report does not show your scores correct? What are they using for scoring? Are they using FICO or something else? If they are using their own scoring how accurate is it? Also how do they update the scores?

I want to get a mortgage in the next year and knowing my scores is very important to me.

Thank You in Advance

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Questions about FICO score

If you want to know your scores. Go to a car dealer and pretend you will buy a car. peek at the score when they pull it and walk off.

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

or apply for a pre-approval for a mortgage, and ask for the scores

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

the broker I dealt with wouldnot give it up. I had no problem at the greedy dealers.

5. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I think I'd go with the mortgage lender first. I think they're just as likely to give you the score as an autolender, and they usually pull all three. I don't think I ever had anyone actually deny my request to see my fico score. Besides, who really wants to go to an autodealer, when the don't want a car anyway. Then they just have to deal with the salesman trying to push a car onto them that they really don't want. And someone with very little willpower may end up giving in and actually buying the car.