Questions about my report and repair

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PetiteGal72, Feb 26, 2018.

1. PetiteGal72

PetiteGal72 New Member

Good morning. I have a few questions about how to raise my credit score.
    Background: I have a BK that should be removed soon. I have a few low-balance CC that were over the limit but are now paid off (as of a few days ago) and will show $0 balance during the next report. My car loan will also be reported current as I just made 2 payments to catch up.
    I also have some collections - cell phone, medical, and mostly CC - some have a balance (all between $150-1000 balance - nothing too major) but closed and some that have been charged off ($0 balance) but reported as negative.

Here are my questions:
    1. Does the BK clock start at file date or discharge date? Filed 11/2009 but not discharged till 1/2011. So when will it be removed?
    2. Do I pay off my collections? If so, which ones and do I pay directly to the company (Kohls, etc) or to the collection company?
    3. How do I negotiate the removal or improved status of collection accounts to best raise my score?
    4. How much can I expect to see my credit rise? I was at 486 before I paid off my 3 CC last week so I'll have about $700 more available credit.
    5. Should I open up a new credit card (secured if necessary) and how much of a limit should I get?
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!