Questions, Please Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Janice, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Janice

Janice Guest

Hi Everyone:

I have a few questions I really need answered.

1. How many inquires are to much in a (6) month period.

2. Where can I get my Fico Score on the internet. Without a hard inquiry.

3. I have had a secured Amex for (8) months can I apply for Blue card yet.

4. If not Amex what about Citibank are they easy?

Once again THANK YOU ALL !! for the help. I welcome "all" your comments. I really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Janice

P.S. I no colllections or charge-offs. All my credit is about 12 months old. (1) Mortgage (2) Providians , (2) Retails , (1) Capital One , and a secured "non-reporting" Amex Optima Card.

Thanks Again.

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Hi Janice,

1. It varies but 3-5 hard inquiries seems to be the magic #. Anything higher than that and your FICO score seems to be lower and the denial letters higher.

2. Last I heard, www.qspace.com offers a # similar to FICO as an addition with an ordered credit report.

3. I would have the secured card for a year before applying to Blue. Many people have said Amex requires two years of established credit and no lates or collections. I applied for Amex Blue only having a year of established credit and I got approved. So I would try in four months. You want to give the Green a try.

4. It all depends on what Citibank card you are applying for. I heard the Citibank Plantium is hard to get. Many people have recommended the Citibank AAdvantage though.

Hope this helps.

Dani

3. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Answer #2 is worthless - qspace.com does NOT use FICO, NextGen, Beacon or Emperica scoring models - this is NOT
    your "score" that you are looking for. The qspace.com scores are not even close is many cases.

The ONLY way to get a TRUE FICO (Experian), Beacon (Equifax) or Emperica (TU) score is via a hard inquiry through a mortgage broker/lender, an auto lender, or other lending institution that (a) pulls your credit report(s) and (b) pays EXTRA for that score to be generated by the CRA.

Anything besides your score right from the CRA is NOT your true 'score'.