quick CA questions...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tweested, Aug 25, 2003.

1. tweested

tweested Member

To cut to the chase, last friday I received a phone call at work from a collections agency. This was for a Discover Card that was charged off 4 years ago (I live in MA and the SOL is 6 years). On my Privacy Guard reports, TU is reporting that it was a paid collections and the balance to be zero. Unfortunatly, that was from a real low point in my life, and I don't have any documents for any kind of proof.

At the time I had a few other cards, and I know I eventually paid off a couple of them, but I really kept no records, and don't even know myself for sure. I told the guy I was going to send a validation letter, and a partial cease and desist to stop phone communications. He says that they don't do mail correspondence at all, and if I send a C&D they would send it to the legal department. Is that possible? IMO I think he's full of it, but could that be true? Another thing I'd want to know is if there was any possiblity of a deletion. That's the only way I would be willing to talk to this guy and expedite the process. I know that Discover is a real pain in the ass to delete, and I'm afraid to ask the collector, as I don't want to reveal anything to him. Bah, this ended up being longer than I thought :) . Thanks in advance for your time....

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

If it was sold to the CA it could report like that as well.

He's full of it - buy a tape recorder.

Don't jump the gun. Start with the validation and see where that gets you first. Its 4 years old.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*He says that they don't do mail correspondence at all
    tweested
    2*Another thing I'd want to know is if there was any possiblity of a deletion.
    tweested
    ====================

THE END ** *** ** LB 59.1* Should that automatically take the
    account out of collections and remove the negative information from my credit report.
    2*should I just pay them $1K and call it a day.
    dcj120
    =================
    1*About the only thing automatic is the screwing one gets from scoring and reporting.
    2*Never never ever just pay anything.Good way to get railroaded!
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    Gotta Love Sheriff Joe.

[color=dark blue]In Arizona they are having a heat wave now.... hot enough to melt candles, cause dogs to get heat stroke from the pavement.... well the inmates are griping how hot and inhumane it is there.... they live in tents there since the sheriff.... my hero Joe Araphio makes them live in tents and wear pink prison suits.... they gripe how hot and inhumane it is....and his response????

Joe Arphaio, the tough-guy sheriff who created the tent city and long ago started making his prisoners wear pink, is not sympathetic. He said Wednesday that he told the inmates: "It's 120 degrees in Iraq and the soldiers are living in tents and they didn't commit any crimes, so shut your mouths."[/color]

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''