Quick question about credit re

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by C, Mar 29, 2000.

1. C

C Guest

Just wondering...and I hope someone can answer this for me, but I recently got a copy of my credit report (first time! EEK!) and I noticed that the numbers of my accounts were not given in full. Is this typical? And how can I dispute an opened account that I didn't open if I don't have all the numbers? Thanks!

2. Kristi-Car

Kristi-Car Guest

RE: Quick question about credi

All of the digits of your account numbers are not shown for security purposes. If you do not recognize the name of the creditor then chances are you did not open it unless you have opened so many that you cannot keep track.

When you dispute an item, you dispute it by the name on the tradeline and the first few digits to verify it in case there is more then one. You do not dispute accounts by account number only. That would really confuse the bureaus.

3. C

C Guest

RE: Quick question about credi

The thing is, I want to keep this account open, since it is a $10,000 line of credit (in what form I don't know) and I have some other deliquent accounts that do not allow me to get credit any other place. Is there anyway of going about and asking Amex (it's their account) what it is exactly and how would I do that? Thanks...