Quick update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for my absence but I have been busy. Here is a quick update of things that have happened credit wise in my life:

1) declined for Amex Blue pulled Equifax (DAMN) in MD reasons for denial:
    - Delinquency reported on accounts (see #3)
    - Proportion of loan balances to loan amount too high (GOD DA*N CAP ONE - raised my limit - great - not reporting it - not great)
    - Too many new accounts (2 in 1yr, 1 less than 6 mos)

2) called AMEX to review and they said to mail my new EQ report (see #3) and they will reconsider

3) got back Equifax - 1 more removal, 1 verification bringing my Equifax report down to 2 negatives, one from '95 that will drop off in a couple months.

4) got back TU update (ONLINE DISPUTING IS GREAT) removed old address, updated employment info (not sure where that came from, been at same employment for years)

5) re-disputed only Experian negative item, this time I did not get an immediate "We already investigated this item so PHOOEY on YOUEY" message, current status is:
    TU:clean - started with 13
    EX:1 neg - started with 4
    EQ:2 negs - started with 14

5) FNANB now has online payment so I signed up and now do not have ANY cards that I have to mail payment for, all have online payment capabilities.

6) Loving the NYY series especially now that the Tribe is out of it.

That's about it, I will let you all know about the Experian dispute and the Amex review when I hear about them, I also intend to attack the 2 on Equifax and will update you all there as well.

Gotta go, hope all is well with everyone and your families and friends are safe and well too. Even thought I am not posting much lately I still have you all in my thoughts.

-Peace, Dave

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Dave, so glad to hear from you:) I am glad everything is going well with you, and I will cross my fingers for the blue card for yah.

Take care and hope to have you back on a regular basis in the near future.

3. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Great gives those of us still early in the process much hope.

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

It's about freakin time we heard from you! What the hell have you been doing down there? Rebuilding the Pentagon brick by brick? (Just kidding)

I'm glad to hear from you. Drop me a line sometime... :)