Quickest way to dispute

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMax, Jan 8, 2001.

1. CCMax

CCMax Guest

Hi all,

I need to dispute something on my hubby's CR (equifax and experian), and because we are getting down to the wire on the mortgage, I want to know is it easier to just call on the phone and dispute it? We have used Equifax's online dispute before, but there really aren't enough options to tell the truth about why something is being reported incorrectly.

Here's the deal, he's got a $1K phone bill (long story) showing. We called to pay it off, but the account apparently is no longer being handled by the collection agency reporting it, but of course they are making it impossible to get us some verification so we can have it removed. when we ask, why are you reporting, we get no straight answers. obviously they're just hoping to dupe us into paying.

how should we handle this? this was deleted months ago from trans union, but not the other two. you know how you dispute with all three bureaus the same account at the same time and they come back with different results?

will experian and equifax launch an investigation by a simple phone call? What grounds are the strongest to use in this case? Thanks in advance.

CC

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Tell them the TRUTH...the collection agency has no verifying proof...