Radio No Shack

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kittw1, Aug 24, 2001.

1. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well I applied for two things and I have nothing. The rep from Nextel has not called me back so I am assuming that I either have a huge deposit or they said no altogether. I applied for RadioShack tonight and got the we'll write you in 7-10 days because no decision has been rendered. Could be goood..but probably bad...two damn wasted inquirie :-(

Kesa (aka Kittw1)

2. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Any takers on what I should do next?

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

whats your score? I got a radio shack card with a 610 equifax.

As always my tips of the day are:

1. Dispute dispute dispute..
    2. While all your negatives are in dispute, your fico will raise (experian/equifax) and that is the time to apply. Gotta trust me on this one. It works.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

If you're looking for a cell phone, try Sprint PCS. I don't think they are charging deposits right now. You may have a $125 spending limit, pre pay of $25 (added to 1st statement) or both. With all the great plans, how many people will spend $125 per month?

I already have an account, but was checking for a friend. The activation rep informed me of this. Good luck!

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I looked at a whole bunch of plans before I got mine.

I went with voice stream. They gave me the phone free, no deposit, no big credit problems, 75 minutes day time a month and 500 weekend minutes for $20 a month. Bil ends up being about $23 by the time they add tax and what have you, but I can live with that real easy.

Pretty nice calling area too.

But have you seen all the neat ways you can hack a cell phone? All kinds of different ring tones, your own logos to put on it instead of the standard ones, programs that will let you use your PC to set up and maintain your phone books, edit them, set up appointment schedules and reminders, different calculators, different games you can get to play on the phone. Lots of neat stuff.

All you have to have is a data cable to go from your pc to your cellphone and the programs. There is a company in Britain that sends you out all kinds of notices to buy different ring tones, songs it will play, stuff like that. Some of the programs you can get to do that stuff with are free too. All you have to do is find them and download them and use them. The one to do graphics on your phone isn't free, but it's not all that expensive either.

6. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, I'll try Sprint next week...As for the Radio Shack thing, I just wanted something and really didn't need the card (maybe for Christmas but I doubt it since it is my goal to handle that in cash). Additionally, I wanted to see if I could even get credit. I am not sure what my score is and it appeared that the Radio Shack thing went with Experian of which I got two things deleted and 4 inquiries because they were obsolete. I am just sad! Ughhh!! One day ot will happen.

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Voicestream was excellent for me and hubby, too. Approved him for 2 phones, no deposit, good plan. Took about 15 minutes!

8. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, stupid Nextel rep did not see that my fone had been stolen (that's another Jerry Springer) and that the new fone was actually being shipped to me. She left a message on the fone indicating that they could take me off of the account and start up my own with a $500 deposit. Well, as much as I hate to do this, I will on Monday. My entire family has the stupid two-way radios. My brother is in college about 2 hrs away, my uncle drives trucks (short hauls), and so on and so on...and the radios reach about that far. Also great when darn kids are on the fone and won't answer the other line. So I guess the lesson for today is: You have to spend a little to get certain unneccessary things in life (LOL)! At least I will have my own trade line for a fone! (WOW>>THAT'S REALLY GREAT KITT) - Sarcasm to yourself is the best!