Radio Shack Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CCMAN, May 10, 2001.

1. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

Does anyone know if a score of 599 equifax qualifies for a radio shack card.

I applied on-line and it said I will have wait 7-10 days (sounds like a denial to me)

want to build up more trade lines

2. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I kinda doubt it - usually 620 is good for retail cards.

I remember that RS card is issued by "Hurley State Bank" -- they used to be part of Discoverand were pretty strict on giving out credit.

-mj

((EDIT -- they're part of Citibank now, not FNBO))

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

CCMAN,
    I applied for Radio Shack Credit Card and I got denied because I had a Radio Shack charge-off accounts on their internal records. I got approved on their Officemax credit card. By the way the interest rate on their retail cards is high.

Ron.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

mj,
    Hurley State Bank is also called Associates First Capital Bank.

Ron.

5. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

well guess what?

I got my official denial letter today ( I knew I would)

and it ticks me off.

reason 1

serious derogatory account (repo from 4 years ago still updated from creditor)

reason 2

debt to income ratio too high (I have low limits on the 2 cards that I have)

reason 3

too many inquiries in last six months ( I do not understand this one,I only have three)

not sure what I should do now.

I thought my credit was getting better boy does this really upset me!!!!

6. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

ohh one more thing.

I was wondering if I should waste one more inquiry one the ARIA card I applied a few months and was apporved but I turned it down.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RADIO SHACK card should be easy (COMPARED TO A VISA/MC)...it is a "STORE ONLY" card...you can only use it only at their stores...you can't by airline tickets, or groceries, etc.

ALSO the fine print would probably say "WE CAN REPOSSESS THE MERCHANDISE FOR NON PAYMENT".

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

CCMAN,
    I applied for OfficeMax Card on the websites and it is issued by Hurley State Bank.I got denied because I had too many inquiries and too many open accounts within six months about two weeks ago. I got Officemax card last Saturday and got approved for $1000 credit line. I think that credit manager overrode their system and they approved my application. By the way, I don't have any negative accounts in my reports. They pulled credit from Experian.

Ron.

9. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I had a Radio Shack CC back in ooh, like 94. I kept it for a while and either I closed it or they closed it for deliquincies. It's still reporting on one of my CRAs (TU) I believe. It's gone from Equifax and Experian.

I don't know what my score was back then, but it was pretty good because I was getting instant credit all over.

10. CCMAN

CCMAN Member

ohh Well what can you do?

It's just that I am so sick of the sub prime BS