Rate EQ, EX, and TU online

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eman, Nov 5, 2001.

1. eman

eman Well-Known Member

I would like to take this opportunity to rate the online services provide by Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union that have come a long way in the past year in helping us make their jobs all the more difficult (or easier if it reduces their labor costs).

EQUIFAX (C-)
    They are now, in my opinion the worst which is odd because when they first came out, it was the best of the 3. Their website is only designed to extract money from you. Everything on their consumer site is selling something. Even if you sign up for their credit monitoring service, it only limits you to 4 reports a year which doesn't allow you to view your report as it updates from day to day (like Experian). Their online dispute system is somewhat good but VERY limited. It's worst than those Standard dispute forms they send you with your report in the mail. Allowing you to get your real FICO is a plus on their side even though you have to pay for it. I paid once for it and it will be a long time before I do it again. My main complaint is that they don't allow you to view a FREE report through their online system like I can do with TU and EX. Anyway, I can still order unlimited free reports through their phone system but I hate waiting for mail. They even have an option that says, "To order a complimentary copy of you credit report, press 1." Worst thing about this is that EVERY application from every creditor I've made has always pulled EQ.

EXPERIAN (A)
    They are by far the best. I can order a free report online ( because of recent inquiry, possible victim of fraud, or resident of GA) and use that confirmation number to view my report indefinitely as it updates day to day (by going to the "Request an Investigation" section without actually doing one). All disputes I've done online have been successful (accounts and inquiries). I haven't gotten a paper copy from them since June because they're so good (I'm still using the same confirmation number from the June report to view my file to this day). I recently tried Creditexpert just to get and view my score (even though not real FICO). I'm not keeping it though (80 bucks......yeah right). Too bad most creditors rarely pull EX in my case.

TRANS UNION (B-)
    They've moved up to number 2 past EQ. Why? Because I can finally get a free report and score online with them (use same reasons shown above with EX). Their online dispute system is complicated and extensive but not as limited as EQ's. They have always deleted anything I've disputed with them. The only complaint is that their online system is screwy and a bit cheap (like the rest of Trans Union) and that they do not give the real FICO. Too bad no one ever pulls TU when I apply with them.

As far as the 3rd party credit monitoring services offered all over the web, THEY ARE ALL CRAP. Each one is limited in one way or the other. I'm now trying PrivacyGuard for free (heavily pushed by Capital One everytime I call them) and they SUCK. The ideal service would be to allow you to view each report from all 3 CRAs on a daily basis as it updates daily along with your REAL FICO with each report at a reasonable price of course ( if not FREE).

Anyone, feel free to voice your opinion on EQ, EX, and TU's online services and rate them.

eman

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I would be willing to pay up to $100.00/year to have UNLIMITED access all 3 "LIVE" with on-line disputes with the "REAL" F.I.C.O. scores.

SOUND GOOD???