? Re: Address Order on EX report

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 95207Chick, Aug 13, 2003.

1. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

In my personal information section of my Experian report I have 6 former addresses listed.(2 are variations of the same address, one with apartment number and one without.)
    These addresses are not in chronological order.
    In the order the addresses are listed, they should be:
    OLD #3
    OLD #4
    OLD #5
    CURRENT
    OLD #2
    OLD #5 (with apartment #)
    EX says verbally that the order they list the addresses does not matter. I sent a written letter with the correct order and got no response.
    I have lived at my current address for 2 years. Addresses #4 and #5 are over 10 years old- obsolete as I consider so should I say not mine since they won't delete old addresses according to EX. I would think the 7 year rule should apply to addresses.

When I pull PG it shows current address as #3 and addresses #4 & 5 as Previous. Is this just a bug in the PG system or is EX feeding me a line about order not mattering. EX's rep's response to my soft inq not showing the right order is that -I- wasn't reading the report right. *LOL*

2. fbueller

fbueller Active Member

I've had all of my old addresses removed from all three EQ, TU and EX. Just call them up and tell them they are not your priors. I deleted half and waited a week and deleted the other half.

3. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

The only verifiable address is your current one. Look at the FTC rules about accuracy of data and the CRA's responsibility to report accurately. Keep writing - don't call, too much information gets exchanged.

Your old addresses probably repeat because they get reported that way. Don't have a cow if you get them deleted and they pop up again. After a while, you can figure out who's got an old address and contact them.

This was one of the first things I got nasty about w/EQ and EX. In hindsight, wasn't worth the energy or time. But it helped me think "sharper" and more to the point. Read the thread about having a litigious mindset. It's not up to you to prove they're wrong, it's up to them to prove the data is correct. Keep putting it back on them and don't respond to their requests - work it by the timeframes and guidelines established here.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Address Order on EX report

I sent a written letter with the correct order and got no response.
    I would think the 7 year rule should apply to addresses.
    95207Chick
    ===========
    Who wants old address stuck on there for 7 years.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

chick,
    I sent a letter to all 3 cra's. It was a generic letter i found somewhere (probably here). It basically says the old addresses are obsolete and/or inaccurate and the only address that should be listed is my current one...If you'd like Ill post the letter.(all 3 cra's deleted any old addreses other than current) The letter also addresses bad phone #'s and Employers.

From what i understand deleting old addresses is good because when you dispute items some of those items are tied to you from the address and if they cant find that old address, it may be deleted...this seems to be the case especially with judgements...

fweem!

6. jstockton

jstockton Member

Bugman - If you could post the letter (or email it to me) it would be very helpful. I just started the process of cleaning up my report and it is full of mistakes!

Thanks!

jstockton

7. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

Name
    Address
    City, State Zip
    SS#
    DOB

Date

Experian
    P.O. Box 9556
    Allen, TX 75013

Dear Experian:

I am writing because there is personal information on my credit report that is inaccurate, and I am requesting that it be removed from my credit report entirely.

1) I respectfully request that all previous addresses be removed as they are obsolete, incorrect, and/or inaccurate:

Incorrect Address #1

Incorrect Address #2

Incorrect Address #3, etc

The ONLY address that is correct and should be listed is my current address of: (LIST CURRENT ADDRESS).

2) Please remove (XXX COMPANY) from the EMPLOYERS section. I have never worked for this company.

3) Please remove (INCORRECT PHONE NUMBER#1) and (INCORRECT PHONE NUMBER #2) from the TELEPHONE NUMBERS section, as these phone numbers are incorrect, disconnected, and no longer current.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX or by fax at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Very Truly Yours,

YOUR NAME