Re-aged: I have the proof!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pat, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a good paragraph (or letter) to nail Experian with, for allowing a creditor (Verizon) to re-age a paid, charged off account.

I have an old Experian credit report that shows it was due to come off on 11-2001.

Thanks

2. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

My husband sent this to EX :

I am distressed that you have re-aged the account in my credit profile and have failed to maintain reasonable procedures in your operations to assure maximum possible accuracy in the credit reports you publish.

The listed account has been re-aged which is a violation of United States Code 1681c [Fair Credit Reporting Act] Sections 605 (a) and 605 (c).

It is a very serious error in reporting. I am requesting a reinvestigation which properly reflects the account history or that the tradeline be deleted.

Creditor :
    Account Number:

Also send me an updated copy of my credit report to my address listed above.

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Aux, Thanks!
    I knew there were specific sections of the FCRA that were being violated, but not which ones. They will have to delete it next month, if they put the right dates back:)

4. KristyW

KristyW Well-Known Member

Aux,

Did this letter work?

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

He just sent out on Oct 5, No response yet.

6. KristyW

Thanks, keep me posted, it would be good info to pass along.

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Sure will keep you posted.

Aux

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Didn't work for my FLEET account with Experian... Clear violation of the FCRA. I sent a similar letter quoting the exact sections. Got the "already investigated" response.

I even called Exp 800 where a member of their customer support team quoted the 7 years and we looked at the complete history which shows the account would be reported for 12 years. That investigation got the "remains" repsonse!

9. KristyW

Not sure what you mean by the "remains" response.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

"Remains" as in no change to the tradeline reporting. Almost as good as the "Updated" which as people here will testify updates nothing, no change to the tradeline.

11. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I'm sending my letter out today, with a copy of the old credit report with the correct dates. We'll see what happens. I'll update in a month plus, or should I say, when they get around to responding:)

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

So, are you suing them????

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

:) No Comment :)

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

tee hee

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Must have been inpestigated-not investigsted!
    How'ed they figure 7 and 12 were the same??

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Experian "logic" I guess....

17. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Didn't know they had any-Stil not convinced!