RE: AmEx Cobalt

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ccie_2be, Jun 25, 2001.

1. ccie_2be

ccie_2be New Member

Does this card still exist? I applied via the website two weeks ago, and have not received a response.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

It takes a while sometimes. I think I applied for mine and didn't receive confirmation that I was approved for like almost 3 months!!!! I got the card less than a month after that. This was back when Cobaltcard just came out and had a high demand. My neighbor got one recently and it took like 2 months.

3. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Mine came in 2 weeks. I order earlier this month. You may be able to check status at the site once you log in. Mine said "your card is being shipped" right after I applied.

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

How did you fund the card? Do you think that might be why it's taking so long?

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to fund it before they'll send you the card.

breeze

6. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I got my cobalt card today, it's really nice and feels normal to me, I remember someone mentioning that is was a flimsy card. I like it. I got mine within a week and a half. I funded it some more and it is ready to go.

Today has been a good day:)

Cyprigirl:)

7. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

Does this card report to the CRAs????

8. Cyprigirl

No its a debit card. But I thought it would be a good way to establish a relationship with AMEX.

9. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

OK, Won't help me then. Amex was part of my BK in '97. I guess they'll never touch me again!

Tom

10. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd let you know that if getting an Amex is really important to you, they will consider you again (even if you included them in a prior BK)... provided you payoff the amount that you previously owed them. See posts from Dogman for more details.

Cheers
    Kirk

11. Cadillac408

Glad you like the card! The reason why I said that it was flimsy and cheaply made was because of this:

Put a regular card and the Cobaltcard together and measure the thickness of each. You'll notice that the Cobaltcard is a lot thinner than a normal card. Also on the back, then signature strip is so cheap that when I signed it w/ a pen, the ink didn't hold and bled!

12. Cyprigirl

ok MP

I think you are being a little picky there :)

But to each his or her own.

13. Cadillac408

Picky? Who me?? Perhaps...

Hey...it's not my fault I have Champagne tastes on a Old English 800 budget! :p

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

MP you are a riot!

breeze

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

PICKY???? I Can't Imagine......

MP$$ picky...? That's not the thing I would say to a woman anywhere in California!

Particularly in South Bay huh MP? :)
    Of course - you probably do not want to say that to a woman in some parts of San Francisco either!

c ya dogman

16. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Re: PICKY???? I Can't Imagine......

My green charge card ran the ink on the signature strip QUICKER than my Cobaltcard(LOL).

I get more puzzled looks from cashiers/customer service/clerks when I hand them this card than my charge(they act as though it is diamond studded or something).

May I add that the ink on my numbers on my charge card rubbed of FASTER than any other card I have ever used in a shorter length of time.

Love & Peace,
    Sister Girl

17. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

I'm with you SG! The Green Card starts off with black characters - but the black wears off after about a month in a wallet!

c ya Dogman

18. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have used it in a couple of stores and been asked "Wow! Is that one hard to get?" LOL

breeze

19. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I applied last Friday and was accepted in 177 seconds. This approval despite a bk-13 on record but I do not owe Amex. So if you have a bk, it should be no problem. Not sure what happens if you bk on them or have a charge-off.

Best regards,
    Sam

20. Cyprigirl

the card looks cool and for me I think its a good way to get started with Amex.