Re:Chase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by once38, Feb 16, 2001.

1. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I just received my new Chase card and it is really quite bad. 5.99 for three mo. then

2. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

then 24.24 after that. I will have to pay in full at those rates.See They sent me a pre approved platinum but I ended up getting approved for the standard card.2000 limit
    I tried the phone but there will be no increase for nine months. I believe this can only be considered prime in name only,like a wolf in sheeps clothing.Still it is an approval,so build on

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking once38, what is you credit like? Do you have any derogotory credit? It may help some of us to know whether we are able to qualify for a Chase card. Not that the 24% interest rate is great, but maybe it is negotiable? Sometimes creditors are willing the make adjustments to your account within the first 30 days to keep you as a customer.
    BTW, congratulations on your card. You're right, it is something to build on. Good luck!

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hey Miles

Whatever happened with your application to citibank for the AA card? They had told me if I got the bk off my report that they would give me the card. So, when the bk was removed, I sent them the updated report. I called them about a week later and they told me I was denied because a new negative had appeared on my report which was absolutely not true. They wouldn't discuss it with me or tell me what exactly they were refering to. I know a lot of people here had luck getting this card, but I think once you have a bk they don't want you as a customer?

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Hey Miles

I don't believe it. That is the same thing that happened to me! I had an account listed as being included in a bk that should not have been on my report. Citibank denied me, but stated that if I have my report corrected, they would be willing to review my application again. The bureau removed the error without question. I sent an updated report to Citibank. They denied me AGAIN for a $0 balance chargeoff which is now off of my report (the only neg I have now is 1 30 day late from 5 yrs ago). This was never an issue in the first denial. When I called Citibank regarding this, the rep (very nice) stated I was being denied for a different reason. I could tell she felt uncomfortable telling me this. What a crock!
    I have since left this issue alone, but I did write a letter to Citibank expressing my disappointment that such a fine company can be this unorganized. I stated I was mislead and wanted the inquiry removed from my report. They sent a letter stating they never received my updated report and to resend it. Yeah right! If they never received it, then where did the second denial come from? I will not waste another inquiry on Citibank again. My reports should be clear now and I think my fico should be over 700. I am just deciding on which cards to apply for now. Maybe Chase, MBNA or AMEX. Anyway sorry so long and thanks for asking. Sorry you had to experience the same crazy situation I did. This must be commonplace? :-(

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congrats. i got my chase on august 00. they are a great bank. i have a checking account with them also..

roni

7. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I had a 643 score a year ago but have since

8. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I basically have too much credit at this point ,about thirty accounts, three paid collections from 1994 and a few lates from the same time.Perfect for the last five years but way too many inquiries and new accounts in the last year. Hope that helps.

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

It does. Thanks for the info! :)

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

It is rare, I also received the classic card
    a month ago but 2.99 for six months and 17 or
    18% after that.

11. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

...2000 limit also