re: Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bea, Dec 1, 2000.

1. Bea

Bea Guest

Hi, I need some advise. I applied for the Citibank AAdvantage and I was denied due to a 30 day late payment(recent). I have several of the subprime credit cards such as Capital one, Household Bank, and Home Federal. I also have a Credit Union Visa that is not secured. I need to know if anyone knows how long I should wait before applying again for the Citibank AA card. The late payment was in 09/00. I feel really lost now. I have also applied for a Best Buy account but, I was turned down. I would like to apply for the Target card that everyone is talking about but, I don't think that I will have any luck. Should I just wait awhile before applying for any more credit? The only other negative info. on my credit report is 3 paid collections. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, I think you should wait. IF the late was in 9/00 and you applied when all the hype was on citi, you probably applied in October. Maybe not even 30 days after the late. Most creditors want no delinquencies in the last 6 months. I know citibank has this policy even for the secured cards so that may be the problem. A late is a delinquency. So give it until March and try. Dont keep applying because you will just increase your inquiries. But this is just what I think. Good Luck.

roni

3. Tony  scot

Tony scot Guest

Wait for about six month or so! before applying for anymore credit. too many credit enquirys lower your credit score, hence hurting your applications...

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Wait at least six months, but try to change the look of your credit report. Show less debt or higher income. Exercise your credit for at least 3 months. Pay off as much debt as possible, making large on time payments.

http://www.creditsense.com