Re: Credicorp Inc. $10,000 Gol

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Aug 3, 2000.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

I received an Urgent! letter from Credicorp Inc. in Dallas, TX yesterday. I was pre-approved for $10,000 gold card... I was ready to write & mail a check when I decided to check them out on the Web... guess what? couldn't find them... All I found was a Credicorp Inc in Chicago, IL who immediately told me they weren't affiliated with the Dallas Texas Credicorp. Not only that... all sorts of bells started to go off in my head at that point... a credit card company usually gives you 30 days to respond.. The company in question only gave me 12 days to reply... and sounded like if they were in a rush. After examining the note more carefully I noticed that they were not affiliated with any bank. Also, that the credit card only works if card holder buys from credit provider... GUESS WHAT... the credit provider is Credicorp, which led me to another fact... the gold card is no VISA or MasterCard, but the wording implies it is... most people associated gold card w/ Visa, MC, or Amex. Has anyone else received a letter like the one described? If so proceed w/ caution... better yet don't answer... stay away from them... As of now Credicorp Inc. Dallas TX, is mark in my book as a very sleezy Co. I question their marketing practices... If I was almost deceived it can happen to any one... specially for someone that is flooded w/ mail everyday, and have multiple chores to perform.

2. Tony

Tony Guest

I just received one of those offers today in the mail. Credicorp of Dallas has been trying (often successfully) to scam people in my area for years. The local newspaper even did an article on them. They are deceptive and dishonest and my only advice is to completely ignore any mail from them.

Tony

3. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Hi Larry:

Good for you, you didnt fall for the scheme, their whole organization is based on misleading people with credit problems in believing that they will get a real "Gold" credit card with a $10,000 credit line, many people desperate for any kind of credit line fall for it unfortunately.

Regards,
    Alex.
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

If you don't mind I would be interested to know which search engine(s) you used.

5. Natalie

Natalie Guest

I just received the same exact letter as you did in the mail today. It rang the same bells in my head when I saw they weren't affilated with any bank. I decided ( just like you) to check them out on the internet. Thanks to your letter I decided not to write out a check to these bozos. What a scam!!! It's such a shame that companies like this are able to send out these letters. If you should happen to come across any more info please post it or e-mail me....thanks!

6. Reaper

Reaper Guest

Can anyone out there tell me what credicorp is about and what their catalog offers what is it they are SELLING and if anyone knows if there is even a real catalog or is their identity fruad going on here ??????? All I can say is I'm not sold BUT would like some info on this company has anyone been ripped off by this company or bought anything on credit from the mystery catalog and if you are from credicorp please DO NOT ANSWER this post.I want real info !!!

7. Natalie

Natalie Guest

Reaper....you should go to the CreditCorp Inc. website. It clearly states that they have no affilation with CreditCorp of Dallas Texas. Stay away!!! It's a scam. Yeah sure you'll get $10,000. But you can only use it for their catalog!!! It's not a real Gold Visa/Mastercard. I did my research..check it out. Beware of anything that sounds too good to be true....

8. Natalie

Natalie Guest

www.bbb.org/alerts/credicorp.asp
    That's the website to check out if anyone wants to know what Credicorp Inc in Dallas is really about.

9. Phyllis

Phyllis Guest

Thank you Creditnet.com and all of you who replied to this message. I, too, received this letter and it put up immediate red flags. I took the time to notice the same things, i.e., 'gold card', 'credit purchases from credit provider', no bank affiliation, but didn't know how to find out what this was all about. What would we do without the Internet???

10. Walter

Walter Guest

Thanks for the heads up on this company. I received a mailing this morning and searched the Web. I, too, found info about a legit Chicago-based company and nothing on a Dallas-based firm. One good thing to come out of this mailing: my discovery of the creditnet site and message board! I shall shall be back more often!

11. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Hi Walter,

If you don't mind would it be possible to tell me which search engine(s) you used in your search?

Thank you.

12. Elaine

Elaine Guest

We got the same mailing today. What is interesting is that Cross Country Bank has been calling us with a recording that mentions a "gift" or "special offer" (I can't remember which) that is coming in the mail and urges us to accept. Makes me wonder......And no, we are not going to touch anything that has no web page to get more info on, or a phone number to call to find out what it is about. Affiliated with no bank and a $10,000 limit? I don't think so!

13. khryc

khryc Guest

THEY DO HAVE A WEBSITE:
    www.credicorp.net

14. Karyn Wall

Karyn Wall Guest

Thanks for the heads up. I too searched the internet before sending my check. I was almost fooled.

15. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

I too got the letter and decided to check it out. It is like a fingerhut deal. You can only use the credit on their merchandise. Their website is www.credicorp.net. But, I am still not going to do it.

16. Robert

Robert Active Member

DON"T DO IT!!! IT IS A SCAM!!!!!
    My friend in college sent in the 29.95 and never heard from them again.