Re: Financial Charges

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

How does it work exactly? have an idea, but don't know if it's right...

I have the CitiAA (gold), according to the terms of the card:

â?¢ BALANCE SUBJECT TO FINANCE CHARGE - AVERAGE DAILY BALANCE (INCLUDING NEW TRANSACTIONS): We figure a portion of the finance charge on your account each day by multiplying the daily balance on each feature (e.g., purchases or cash advances) by the applicable daily periodic rate. We do this each day of the billing period, including Statement/Closing Date. To get the daily balance, we take the beginning balance for each feature every day, add any new transactions and fees and any finance charge on the previous day's balance, subtract any payments or credits, and make other adjustments. A credit balance is treated as a balance of zero. The Balances Subject to Finance Charge are the averages of the respective daily balances during the billing period. If you multiply this figure for each feature by the number of days in the billing period and by the applicable daily periodic rate, the result will be the finance charge assessed for that feature, except for minor variations caused by rounding.

After reading to all this verbiage, I concluded that i.e. If I have a balance of $3500, periodic rate is 0.053..%, and the month of XXXX has 30 days, by multiplying all three it yields: $55.65 aprox. Is this how financial charges in this situation are calculated??

Please clarify.

2. Larry

Larry Guest

Re: Make it 2 in 1 !!

Can the periodic rate skyrocket in any particular day??