RE: HELP

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by STEVE G, Nov 4, 2000.

1. STEVE G

STEVE G Guest

Got my scores from Peoplefirst last night after their decline mine was 577 my wife 571, guess I got some work to do. If anyone has any suggestions to my previous post copied below, I would appreciate any new ideas.

I have been lurking here for a while and appreciate all the info and help i've found here. Two things, I am looking for another sub prime CC(have 1 cap1 w 1800 limit with a $500 sec deposit on it, and a new cap1 "Gold" with a $200 limit, would like 1 more Visa or MC for Xmas which I will pay off after Jan. 1. My credit situation is this. I have about 13 chargeoffs from 1996, the cap1 card I've had since 5/99, the gold is just in the last month, no negs on these. I have 2 sub prime auto loans, one with Nicholas Finance since 10/97, no lates, no negs and Auto One acceptance since 7/99 no lates or neg. Both auto loans are jt w/the wife. I am looking at applying for the K-mart issued by cap1, the Aspire, DMB or Nextcard. Which one is easy to get? Also recently applied to Peoplefirst to try and get a new auto to replace my 94 Ford Aerostar financed with Nicholas, and was declined. Can anybody tell me What other sub prime aut lenders I could try with no $$ down to get a new minivan?
    Sorry this is so long but thanks for all your help.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well first of all Steve G, Peoplefirst.com was not a good choice with your credit history. I read their add very carefully before I decided tonot waste an inq with them. No where at their site do they suggest they deal with damaged credit persons. There is an analyzer at that site which pretty much tells you with bad credit your chances are slim. However, you got your scores from them so the inq was at least useful. I used Household Bank. They refinance and you can also apply online.

So, what is next for you. Nextcard would be an even bigger mistake. 13 charge offs. Well I have 11 charge offs-my student loans. They are paid. They are from 1999. Yours are older but even still. They may turn you down. AT best they will give you a low limit. I have read more postings of those with blemished credit getting turned down than approved. So I think it is best to say they are not a sure thing. Also they arenot truly considered subprime.

I would say Orchard. If they approve you, you are guaranteed at least $200-300. That is their standard. But there is a $49 app. fee. How much are you trying to spend for the holidays?

I dare to mention Citi AAdvantage silver card. Have your charge offs been paid. Did you declare bk. Those are issues with Citi. I think anyone with no lates for 2 years and no bk would get a citi card. But I am not how sure they would factor in 13 un paid chargeoffs. That one is a new one on me and I havenot seen it on this board yet. Is it worth a try. It is worth a try as much as nexcard.

So if you want a little extra for you kiddies stockings this christmas, I would try orchard and citi. I can only suggest those who have offered credit to me. I usually go on my own situation and those I have read about. My 11 charge offs reminds me of your 13. But like I said if they are unpaid, I really cant be sure of anything I suggest. How are you keeping them off your back? The collectors I mean.

To recap, Orchard is a good choice. And how about Providian. Your chargeoffs are pretty old. There may be a chance there. $500 limit possibly. Lets say - Aria, persona. Ok, so that is what I think. Why dont you apply on line for both and let us know the results.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Stay away from Aspire, the card isn't easy to get anyway and their interest rate should be illegal, you could get better rates from a loan shark:)

4. STEVE G

STEVE G Guest

Thanks Roni & momof3, well, got the reject letters for Citibank on Friday, and was approved w/Aria Personna last week I think it was $250, so I have the pre approved Providian, but before I send it in I wanted to see if there was something with a higher line than $300. I will pay them off after Jan 1 and don't care about the interest rate. Have not gotten any letters recently from collectors, but with my work have moved a couple times so I that could be why they have not caught up, but SOL has run out on most of them and more by 3/01. Unfortunately in 95/96 I worked for a company that closed, and my wife due to complicated pregnancy couldn't work. I couldn't find another job in a timely manner so the bills piled up. I can still remember swearing at the Associates guy on the phone holding my infant son in my arms, of course they didn't care about anything but the $$$. Fortunately my son is 4 and healthy, my wife and I both have good jobs now, we are rebuilding and alot of stuff will drop in the next 2-3 years, sooner once I get this dispute thing figured out but this board has given me alot of good ideas. Thank you all and sorry for the long post.

Steve

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

SteveG, when looking to refinance your auto loan, try your local credit union, if you belong to one in your area. My first auto loan was financed with Auto One also, I really got tired of their unprofessionalism, so i refinanced with my credit union after 6 months with Auto One. Be careful, when leaving Auto One, they will give you the run around on transferring your title. I had to involve the Texas Attorney Generals Office to get that squared away.

Reshod

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You are doing the right thing by just letting the charge offs ride. You dont seem the type to have a hunger for credit cards. A company like providian will give you all the credit you need in your first year with them. I hope everything works out. Citibank, oh well. Good luck...

roni.

STEVE G wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Thanks Roni & momof3, well, got the reject letters for Citibank on Friday, and was approved w/Aria Personna last week I think it was $250, so I have the pre approved Providian, but before I send it in I wanted to see if there was something with a higher line than $300. I will pay them off after Jan 1 and don't care about the interest rate. Have not gotten any letters recently from collectors, but with my work have moved a couple times so I that could be why they have not caught up, but SOL has run out on most of them and more by 3/01. Unfortunately in 95/96 I worked for a company that closed, and my wife due to complicated pregnancy couldn't work. I couldn't find another job in a timely manner so the bills piled up. I can still remember swearing at the Associates guy on the phone holding my infant son in my arms, of course they didn't care about anything but the $$$. Fortunately my son is 4 and healthy, my wife and I both have good jobs now, we are rebuilding and alot of stuff wi....

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Luckly in NY, the buyer gets the title. My title came in the mail today. yeepee....

Roni.

Reshod wrote:
    -------------------------------
    SteveG, when looking to refinance your auto loan, try your local credit union, if you belong to one in your area. My first auto loan was financed with Auto One also, I really got tired of their unprofessionalism, so i refinanced with my credit union after 6 months with Auto One. Be careful, when leaving Auto One, they will give you the run around on transferring your title. I had to involve the Texas Attorney Generals Office to get that squared away.

Reshod

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

you are welcome and good luck

Seems like you are heading in the right direction for rebuilding your credit. Yes medical bills have seriously hurt many fine people. I am glad everything turned out well for your family. now time is all you really need:)

9. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

For auto loan, try giggo.com. They say they have rates for people with bad credit... so i think it's worth a shot.