Re-insertions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 17, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

In peoples opinion, what types of accounts are constantly "updated" so if they are removed, there's a chance they will be re-inserted.

For instance, right now, I have a charge-off that hasn't been updated since 99. What are the chances that they will update it now? Also, since my foreclosure was complete, they haven't updated that info either.

I'm thinking since for the charge-off, they wrote it off to PnL and the foreclosure, they got the house that they actually received a "benefit" and are not interested in bothering me anymore.
    OR...I could be wrong....

From what I've read around here, CAs are notorious for updating info on an "on-going" basis.

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I had a charge off deleted only to have it reappear the next reporting cycle. These idiots are still reporting/updating every month. It was a charge off from 99. I think if they have stopped updating it, then you are in the clear.

3. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

I've had 2 paid chgoffs re-inserted on Equifax. One from a bank loan last reported in 97. One from Verizon last reported 97. They both came back about 2 months after they were removed. The thing that really stinks is I didn't know any better back then. So, I paid them both off and they still get to trash my report. It seems pretty vindictive. They got their money a few months late, and I have to endure 7 years of bad credit.
    pat