Re: Sam/Let Debts Settle

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tuit, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

I read Sam's post re: Just let debts settle he has never been sued on debts that are 4-5-6 years old.

I have been in default of my debts for about 2 years now and have received one summons. I guess I am wondering why Sam thinks "The ability to collect on non-secured loans is nearly non-existant these days....what makes you say that Sam?

Since finding this site I have started sending out validation requests.....I figure I have nothing to lose and maybe I can buy a little more time for myself...just read Cristi's post "Opened a Can of Worms" and am wondering if I have not done the same thing?

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Sam/Let Debts Settle

I read Sam's post re: Just let debts settle he has never been sued on debts that are 4-5-6 years old.
    --------------------
    Obviously not. Matter of fact, I'd be more than willing to bet that judgements have been filed and won on debts that old or more. It isn't the judge's responsibility to be a staunch and unwavering guardian of debtor's rights. All he is there for is to grant relief upon the motion filed. If he denied, he'd probably have to write an opinion, and he don't want to do any more of that than he has to, I'm sure.
    ------------
    .just read Cristi's post "Opened a Can of Worms" and am wondering if I have not done the same thing?
    ----------------
    That's very possible. But did you notice all the things Cristi did that you are hopefully not going to do. The very purpose of a validation letter is to be in a position to do something about it when they mess up. It's not to simply get proof of your debt and let it go at that. It should be the setting of one or more traps for them to fall into and when they do, you nail them to the cross for whatever it was they did or did not do. If all you are going to do is sit back fat, dumb and happy, maybe mail them a few more equally pointless validation letters, then I guess you may very well get what you asked for.

Bill Bauer

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill

I couldnot love you more at this moment.

roni

4. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Love? Whatta way to go.

Thanks.

I just hope Marie's very valid post doesn't get some kind of hard feeling going.

You have made excellent posts here that should provide valuable information and ideas to people. So did Marie.

Bill Bauer

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Bill

I'm just going on my experience. I don't claim that this is the best thing to do. The best thing to do is settle the debts for removal from credit reports. This requires a lot of cash in hand. Obviously if I had the cash i would. But i don't.

I had one judgement go to court, i never went to court, it defaulted against me. Never showed up on any credit reports.

About $8000 in chargeoffs dropped off my reports, about $5000 left to drop in 04/03. Obviously they haven't been trying or don't care to try to collect this anymore as I don't get any more collection letters in the mail or telephone calls.

Based on my experience, they will eventually give up.

6. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Roni, am I wrong here?

Roni, I get the impression you are wanting to defend here, or feeling attacked somehow.

Please don't take me wrong! I never intended any such thing.
    Your original post and just about all since leave no reason for anyone to attack you that I can think of.

Excuse me, but all that you posted just now has nothing to do with your original post that I can see. Maybe I'm just dense or something, but I don't see anything in it except explanation and defensiveness and I never attacked you in any way, shape or form, and if you think that I dis, please accept my humble apology. I did not mean to offend you in any way whatsoever.

If I did, or even came off sounding like I did, I'm truly and deeply sorry.

You don't have anything to defend and unless someone can come up with indisputeable proof that you are wrong, there isn't much sense in attacking you or the position you have taken. Totally off the wall and out to lunch.

Bill Bauer

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Roni, am I wrong here?

did they delete something here. I dont even remember. forget about it. I said i was in love....lol

roni