Read Req Reading, Ready To Act Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kharacterk, Aug 25, 2003.

1. kharacterk

kharacterk Member

Ok, Newbie here again! I was given a homework assignment by Doc (which I have come to realize is DA MAN) and I must say it's all overwhelming and liberating at the same time. There was so much information that I wasn't aware of. So many angles to attack this from. So over the weekend I came up with a strategy. I would VERY MUCH appreciate any insight or assitance the veterans can impart. OK, after reading this is what I came up with.

My goal: Is to get all PAID COLLECTIONS and SETTLEMENT ACCEPTED ON THIS ACCOUNT deleted from all three of my reports. I have two good tradelines, my mortgage and my student loans. Everything else is listed as paid collections.

I have two game plans but not sure with one to go with. Since I have already disputed the items with the 3 CRAs and they all came back validated.

PLAN 1:

Step 1: Since all the accounts that are listed as paid are being reporting by collection agencies, my first step is to send them a validation letter CRRR.

Step 2: Two weeks later dispute with CRA's again and hope they get deleted.

or

PLAN 2:

Step 1: Send validation letter to CA
    Step 2: Send 2nd Validation letter w/ copy of first letter included.
    Step 3: No debt Validation remove tradeline

Any advice on this would help.

2. kharacterk

kharacterk Member

BUMP...........PLEASE POST ADVICE!

3. kharacterk

kharacterk Member

CAN I PLEASE GET SOME EXPERT OPINIONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not an expert by any means but what sort of advice are you looking for? You will just have to wait and see if your plans A & B work. If they don't work - and they probably won't - then you can take it from there. Step by step. Don't be so impatient.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

People COME AND GO...most don't spend all day here...24/7

You are too impatient...

6. kharacterk

kharacterk Member

ok, you are right. I guess I got a little impatient and anxious. It's just that I have been working on this for two years now to no avail and this actually seems like I can get some results from all the info I've read on here. Again, I apologize for being impatient.

7. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

How old are your accounts? Because if they are anywhere near 6 years and 6 months old since the last date of activity you may be in luck.

8. kharacterk

kharacterk Member

4 listed last activity as 1998 and 2 as 1999