Ready to settle

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jezy, Sep 27, 2003.

1. jezy

jezy Active Member

I've almost got all charge offs gone from all 3 reports! YEPEEEE! The few that are left have been disputed and validated. They total less than $1000. I now want to try to settle for deletion. I've tried searching and have had no luck finding a offer of settlement letter. I want to make sure I don't leave anything out of the letter. Anyone know where I might find one to use as a reference?

2. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

Let me understand you-- You have been unable to have these accounts deleted? and now you want to pay a "settlement" so that they will go back on as paid collections?This will cement them to your reports, the unpaid balance will be sold to another CA who will then report them anew.

Why?

3. jezy

jezy Active Member

What I would like to settle are not charge offs, but two doctor bills. I have not been able to get these deleted, and they are listed as open. I was looking for a settlement letter that included something about once they are paid, it will be deleted, considered paid in full and not sold to another CA?

4. DanS

DanS Well-Known Member

5. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Ready to settle

You may wish to try the telephone method as described, however, if you wish to be reasonably SURE to get them off your report, go to my website and look for the "Letter To HC Provider"

6. annie

annie Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Ready to settle

I had success calling the Dr.'s office and offering to pay if they would recall the account and delete it from my report. I would not speak with the CA, but the records department at the office.