really dont understan

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Melissa, Nov 25, 2000.

1. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

I have never had a credit card and i would like to get one. I have been approved for a providian visa but I dont understand all the things i should. well i have to send them a 100 deposit. does that mean thats my limit on my card? I would like a bigger limit so i can build up good credit. I also just turned 18 so I really dont have credit. please help me understand these things.

2. Greg

Greg Guest

If you received a letter from Providian, on the back of the letter there should be some fine print. If you read that, does it say what kind of a limit you would receive with the deposit?

3. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Yeah its a security interest notice for the savings account to secure mt obligation under acoount agreement. what the he>> is all this mean?

4. ble103

ble103 Guest

A secured account is when a person places a deposit of a set dollar amount,and that amount is your credit limit.I would suggest for you to check out www.fcnb.com on their secured card..This company can give you alittle more credit then some.Like for an example if you would deposit 300.00 your credit limit could be much as 900.00 but they have different quailifications for them to do this.Alot of people likes this bank as a great stater.So check it,and see if it is right for you.

5. ble103

ble103 Guest

Oops i made a small error i need to correct.I misspelled the word starter so let me rewrite a small portion of my post.
    "Alot of peoples likes this bank as a great starter".