REASONS FOR DENIAL

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Mar 2, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Has anyone been denied for a credit card then when the denial letter comes in the mail, no reason for the denial is listed? The reason I am asking is because I applied for Amex (green). I knew that I was not going to get it but I wanted to see what the reasons were for denial so I could concentrate on them and what credit bureau they were going to pull. I was trying for no inquires until June but when they pulled my report for my brokerage account I figured what the hay! So I got my denial letter today and they say I have to write or call to get specific reasons. Has anyone called for this reason? And do they tell you exactly why? Thanks

2. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'll make up something! Take your best guess at why they declined your application, and your reason will probably be more accurate than the baloney they'll try to feed you.

3. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

Doris - get a clue!

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Slim Shady...

Do you have a better answer or are you just being a jerk again?

5. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

Re: Slim Shady...

She should call AMEX and they will give her the reasons she was declined. The reasons she was declined is not baloney in the eyes of AMEX.

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Now couldn't you have just said that instead of being nasty and insulting Doris who happens to be a long time poster and very knowledgable?

7. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

If I offered an apology, would you accept it?

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Yes. But offer it to Doris.

9. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

Doris....

I am sorry for my sarcastic remark. Your comments about AMEX rubbed me the wrong way. I think AMEX is a remarkable company and, in my opinion, one of the best issuers of charge and credit products out there.

Once again, I meant no harm.

Slim

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Doris....

Thankyou.

11. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

LKH

I meant no harm to you either last night... but I feel that roni and mom (yes, I know, they are well liked) take total control of this board. I think I have valuable info to share with all because I have inside banking (cc)info. Roni always disses me and takes over with the backing of mom. Sorry, but my frustrations got the better of me.

PS - I am not rob and bobby. I am my own person. If you noticed the time index on rob, roni and me were the exact same time.

Sorry you got caught up in my bitter attitude towards roni - but I still do not like her

12. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Guest

Re: LKH

Oh - I never typed the message about bringing the board down - someone used my screen name

13. Shell

Shell Guest

Slim Shady

Now you are trying to not come off as the "bad guy".As I recall you had some pretty harsh "profanity" words that you directed to Doris K, I assure you I wouldn't what to mess with Miss Doris:), if there were a war of words with her you wouldn't stand a chance!! I believe that post was pulled as it rightfully should have been. If you don't like Roni, than so be it, but that doesn't give you the right to attack her, just ignoring her post would do the trick. And what is your beef with Mom?? She has never tried to run the boards she offers advice and help to others. I have not seen any "sound advice" offered by you at all, you only attack people and I for one could care less what knowledge you have, your behavior says it all. I suggest you do all of the board a HUGE favor and hit the road.

14. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Re: Slim Shady

Slim, if you are here to offer advice then so be it. But you have to understand that when you attack regular, well-liked posters then most people will no longer trust you and won't want your advice. If you don't like Roni then don't read her posts. You talk about "hogging the board" but that's exactly what happenned the other night when you and Rob went after Roni. You were hogging the board. Several threads were full of put-downs and angry remarks (and yes, some from me because I don't like unnecessary attacks against anyone who posts regularly here). Most people enjoy Roni's posts and if you don't then that's your perogative. But boards like this one are for people to give and get advice. Attacks and negative remarks are not tolerated.