Rebilling Question on Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Jul 21, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

My question involves ethics and the practical rules of the game. It happened to me when my current internet service provider, America Online, did not charge my credit card the monthly fee of $21.95 for a period of 8 months. When they realized their error, they promptly charged my credit card for the previous 8 months in one lump sum charge.

What, if any, recourse does one have in this situation? I don't think it's fair to charge me for their error in the way they did it - in one lump sum. Do I have a dispute open to me?

2. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Do I have a dispute open to me?
    NOT one you can win.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU COULD HAVE ASKED WHY THEY DIDN'T CALL...

You could ask if they could do half now and half next month...

NOTHING LEGAL WISE...

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

aol has been double billing my cc each month .They must be trying to get your 8 months from me.
    what's the matt the with the goons any?

5. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

"aol has been double billing my cc each month .They must be trying to get your 8 months from me.
    what's the matt the with the goons any?"

They act like incompetent bastards. I will not challenge them on my billing. Instead, I will go to a different service provider.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

now wouldn't this be great if it caused you to go over limit on the card and the card co. hit you with an over limit fee?
    Maybe aol and the cc are working together and splitting the fees!

7. Tuit

Tuit Well-Known Member

If a person agrees to a set monthly charge against his credit card, how is it legal for them to charge your card for 8 months in one billing cycle? Haven't they breached the contract you signed or is that situation addressed in your agreement with them?

Yes you authorized the charge, but didn't they also agree to collect it once a month?

Besides putting a person in a possible position of being overlimit, the person who pays his cc bills in full each month would be put in a bind as well.

Just wondering

tml