Rebuilding credit--a question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Regina, Apr 24, 2000.

1. Regina

Regina Guest

Not knowing any better at the time, and being in debt up to my eyebrows, I declared bankruptcy about five years ago. (I've since discovered what a dumb move THAT was...but too late now!) After about four years of continuing to make the same mistakes, I finally pulled my head out of my butt and started to rebuild my credit. I've been writing to CRA's, getting mistakes deleted, paying off delinquencies, and generally being a Very Good Person.

Now, the question. I have obtained a secured card and I am (obviously!) making the payments on time. But I have this sneaking suspicion that one little ol' credit card is not going to impress anyone, when it's sitting in the middle of a field of "Included in Bankruptcy"-'s on my credit report. How many GOOD credit references does it take before creditors recognize you've seen the error of your ways? (I mean, I know it will take some time--but is there more consideration given to people with SEVERAL good references, as opposed to just one or two?)

Thanks for your help...
    --R.

2. creditdude

creditdude Guest

RE: Rebuilding credit--a quest

get 3 cards and buy nothing but socks or underwear..(stuff like that)..once per month and pay off the whole balance to each card and youll be golden in 1 year! after 6 months start asking for lower apr's on the cards and see what happens!!
    good luck.