Received Cap1 Kmart MC Today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PG, Oct 10, 2000.

1. PG

PG Guest

For those who are waiting for their cards...

I responded to their preapproved mailing and recieved the card in under two weeks. Mine has an embarrassingly low limit and the standard MC credit line is 50% of the instore Kmart line.

2. tj

tj Guest

RE: Received Cap1 Kmart MC Tod

What type of limits were they? Also are there 2 different lines, one for Kmart and one for the MC line

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Curious about Limits

I'm curious too. Is the MasterCard line separate from the instore line, or is there some fraction of the instore line that can be used for either purpose?

The same type of issue comes up regarding cards with cash advance features. Most banks allow you to use your whole limit for purchases, and part of that limit for either purchases or cash advances. A few cards, like the Associates gasoline cards, have separate cash limits that can be used only for cash advances.

I could handle it either way because I want bank cards without annual fees, but also think store cards with low limits are good for the economy. They keep people of modest means (like me) from blowing their money on restaurants, travel, and entertainment. I wouldn't mind having this card at all.

4. paul

paul Guest

RE:received my k mart card too

I too received my k mart card today after only 2 weeks after mailing in the invitation letter.I have a total of 600.00 credit limit,i can use the whole 600.00 at k mart or 500.00 at any other store,i can use 500.00 of my 600.00 credit limit for cash advance.There is a 39.00 annual fee the first year if you keep your card in good standing than the annual fee will be dropped after the first year.Increases are possible after 4 months.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Did you receive the invitation because you had a Capital One card? If so, is your Capital One card secured?

6. heather

heather Well-Known Member

There are 2 separate lines of credit. 1 strictly for Kmart purchases (won't affect your other line of credit) and another to use anywhere MC is accepted. Which of course means you could use both credit lines at KMart since they accept MC.

7. PG

PG Guest

Yes. I haven't had time to read the fine print yet, but it would initially appear that there are two _seperate_ credit limits. One for Kmart purchases and one for MC transactions.

So, one might recieve a card with a $1000 Kmart and a $500 MC limit for a total credit line of $1500. (Just an example)

8. PG

PG Guest

I'm wrong - it's a fractional

Guess I should have opened my mail before hitting reply...

Recieved a standard welcome letter today which basically states the MC portion is fractional. So if you max out the lower MC card limit, you've maxed out your total credit line.

9. paul

paul Guest

I have a capital one unsecured account