received GOLD BofA CARD

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, May 6, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got it in the mail yesterday. It's so pretty. I haven't even ativated it yet.

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Molly,

Congratulations.

Sean

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Lizardking,

I've had a BofA plat. card with a score of 688 since 7/99. I don't know why they would turn you down. I've had a checking and savings account with bank of america since 1994 (well prior to the merger with Nations Bank) so maybe that somehow influenced the approval. You should try again, and if declined again call teir credit dept. and ask why.

Sean

4. verne

verne New Member

Congratulations, Molly!

I received my gold card on Friday from BoFA. I'm still in disbelief. I responded online to a 'pre-select' offer from them and received the "we'll contact you in 2-3 weeks". Since I have 3 paid judgments showing on my file, the most I expected was to be able to get a free report from Equifax. It feels great...finally.

verne

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congratulations Molly. I bet it is a pretty card. I'm jealous. Enjoy!

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got my score in March, it was 641. I've had my checking account since 1995.

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Lizard: I got approved for a platinum BofA recently and my equifax scores is less than 680
    due a lot of inquires. You should try it!

btw...Congratulations Molly!!

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

...And I don't have any Bank accounts with BofA

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

molly,
    I think you had better to activiate the card because they will call you to check whether the card get lost in the mail. I got my Bof A card as soon as I received. For example, my Diners limited me to activiate the card within two weeks otherise the cardis no longer valid. By the way, Congrualtion Molly.

Ron.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Sean,
    They approved me two BofA Platinium cards and I didn't apply both cards all at once. I got BofA Platinium Mastercard since 99 and they initially approved me $5000. I requested credit increase and they approved me $8000. Last year I applied for Plat. Visa on their web sites and I didn't get approved me instantly. They send me an email that they approved me $6300 after two days. Both cards have a fixed rate 9.9% APR for purchases as long as my account is in good standings. By the way, I had Advantage checking with them since 96.

Ron.

11. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I have 3 bank of America cards right now. I love that company!

US Air Miles Advantage (about 10 years) 5600.00
    B of A Gold ( 1 year) 7300.00
    B of A Platinum (1year) 12,000.00

My score is about 679 or so. The miles card has an awful 17.4 rate so I don't have a balance on that one. They won't lower due to all the mile perks and such, so they say.

The Gold and the Plat. have BT's on both at 8.9% and 8.0% respectively. They just raised my Platinum limit to $12,000 if I would BT over a large amount. At 8.0% who could refuse? I love thier perks. I get BT checks all the times with lower and lower rates.

I will eventually close the little one after I get a house, but since it's one of my longer credit lines I will keep it there until it serves my purpose.

judy