Received my Click AA from Citi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 29, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I received my click AA from citibank today in the mail. Before i activated the card, I called customer service to convert it to a Click citi Platinum, still at 1000 limit but give 1% cash back. I thought this card had better terms for me!

The rep told me not to activate the card, they will send me out a new card today.

I now just waiting on my citi drivers edge so i can convert that to a dividend card for cash back.

psugirl

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

It was that easy? I got the $1000 click card last month and charged $600 and paid it off already. I was hoping my good payment history with them would convince them to convert it later (my fico is mid-600s at best). Maybe I need not wait that long. Thanks for sharing.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

you dont have to wait AT ALL....i didnt even activate my card yet and there now sending me a new card.

I figure that since im in school for the next year and a half, i wont be traveling much to take advantage of the American airline benifits. So i would rather enjoy receiving 1% cash back.

I only plan to use the card when i bid on ebay. To bad it came after i purchased my tv and home theater system.

Just call customer service and tell them that you want to convert. You dont need to maintain a credit history with them before hand.

good luck

psugirl

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Umm, I was not able to convert mine to Platinum, so they apparently go by your credit score. I may try again later.

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I converted my click AA to the click platinum select. Its still an online card only but i earn 1% cash back and it has better terms than the AA click.

Just call and ask to convert. again, i did it as soon as i received my card in the mail. it wasnt activated yet.