Redispute verified inquiry??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 28, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Has anyone had any experience redisputing verified inquiries via Creditexpert? Any results?

Thanks - Jim

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. And, 1 was removed (out of 3).

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I redisputed a verified inquiry last week. Still waiting for results. I'll dispute it until they stop letting me if it verifies again.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave and Nana,

One other person said she was re-disputing on another thread. So that makes 3 of you. Based on this, I am going to re-dispute Cap One today as it is a recent inquiry done to an older account.

Jim

5. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Jim, I too am re-disputing Experian inquiries that have come back as allegedly "verified." I've done a few rounds of online re-disputes so far, but as the thirty day period hasn't elapsed, I don't have any results yet. I intend to keep disputing the remaining inquiries online as long as they'll let me enter them into their system. Isn't spam cool when it's directed at the CRA's and not you?!!!

I'll let you know the results as they come in. Best of luck on your re-disputes, Jim.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks chriscraft!

Today, I re-disputed the Cap One inquiry. I was lucky because I got rid of 7 out of 9 disputed inquiries.

On another matter, I agreed with your Bayhouse post. I read Christine's forum daily but never posted. They had some intelligent people there. However, very opinionated intelligent people. LOL.

Straight talk here is much more useful. Actually, "innovative" is the word I should use. Leo got right on the board and told us about Creditexpert and inquiries. It was accepted. No one at Bayhouse would do what Leo did. In my opinion that is.

Jim

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Spam isn't "cool" under any conditions at all. Not even spamming the CRAs.

However, I'm quite sure that you and many others will continue to spam them till the cows come home and then wonder what to do next when that don't work anymore and they come back and tell you to quit spamming them as your bad credit history is not their problem and that you need to take it up with the creditor or collection agency.

What will you do then?

8. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

If someone can get a negative item off their report, that is a bonus. That so called "spamming" could result in a person saving hundreds or thousands of dollars by qualifying for lower interest rates! I don't think there is anything wrong with that! They sell our names to places, we should be able to freely dispute, and the laws say so, even if the account really was the person's fault.

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, but the problem is that the credit bureaus are becoming more and more "anti-spam" in their attitudes.

Spamming credit is an act of ignorance born of the idea that there is no other way to get the job done.

It makes no difference what the spammer is attempting to accomplish, be it sales motivated or otherwise, spamming is still not the best way to go just because you can get away with it or the fact that it does work sometimes.

I can well understand and even agree with someone, individual or credit repair company using the method to get rid of that smaller percentage of one's adversities which can easily be eradicated through the use of spam.

But it's continued use throughout round after round after round is nothing more than the hallmark of the ignorant who cannot or will not accept the fact that there are better and much more effective ways to get the job done.

10. chriscraft

Bill, take your medication. You obviously are in need of it today.

I think it was wholly inappropriate of you to in essence call me - and others on this board -"uneducated" for my (our) repeated use of the mail and the Internet to clean up my (our) credit reports. I don't care one bit whether you like it or not, I will do what works for me. This has worked for me time after time, and I will continue to do so until the method stops being effective. And if that ever happens, which I seriously doubt it will, I have plenty of other tools with which to attack the problems. And one of them is not a "CreditWrench."

Although fully warranted, I will not lower myself to your level by responding to the utter tripe you have written on this subject. One only needs to read a few of your numerous rambling, irrelevant, and incoherent posts to realize who is the "uneducated" one. Get a clue.

Next time, try being helpful by writing something on-point and factual, if you can. You might surprise everyone if you did. And you might just see a reduction in the number of comments like those contained in this post.

Best wishes.

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

chriscraft:

What you seem to fail to realize is that millions of earths populaton loves tripe and it is a staple item that they consume in copious amounts every day and love it.

In fact, they most usually give thanks to the Lord that they have it.

Just goes to show that what is one man's "tripe" is another man's treasure.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bill,

Your comments were not appreciated. I am still puzzling over what you mean by "spamming credit is an act of ignorance". I am redisputing a newer credit inquiry made to an older account. Nana was redispputing 3 inquiries that belong to her ex-husband's second wife. Etc. Etc.

You have wasted our time with this nonsense.

13. chriscraft

Jim, thanks for the comment. :)

Bill has just proven my point, and has done so with his usual "style and elegance."

What a hammerhead.

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Spamming credit bureaus, not credit is an act of ignorance and the credit bureaus are only too happy to tell us that in so many words.

They tell us over and over and people here in this forum have told us many times that the credit bureaus are not happy about spamming. They tell us that if we have a problem with the credit bureaus reports we need to take it up with the creditors or the collection agencies, not them. It isn't their fault that one has bad credit they tell us.

Yet some people "hammerheads" to use your jargon, simply refuse to pay attention and go ahead and do it anyway and then wonder why it is that they get the replies and rejuections and refusals from the credit bureaus that they do.

You mention NanaC:

That lady is most definitely in control of her situation and she knows exactly what she is doing and why. She is not spamming the credit bureaus in any way. Maybe you don't understand what "spamming" the credit bureaus is. Let me define it for you so that you will understand what it is that I call "spamming" the credit bureaus.

Making maybe 3 or 4 or so demands to a credit bureau to re-investigate an adverse item is not spamming. Spamming is when you make maybe 10 or so repeated demands for verification of the same item one right after the other even though you have been told time and time again that the item is or has been verified. Spammers don't even ask for the name, company address and company phone number of the person who supposedly verified the account. They just fire off another "round" of demands for verification. And in my not so humble opinion, that is indeed ignorant.

So if you are not firing off round after found of demands to re-investigate the same item over and over again, you are not guilty of spamming.

NanaC: is most definitely not spamming the credit bureaus.
    She is following a very intelligent and well planned approach to her problems.

So are most other people I think. But there are a few of those "hammerheads" out there who simply never get the point of what they are told.

And if you don't fit the description, then you don't have a reason to holler. Only you can know whether the shoe fits you or not.

Do you have a better understanding of what spamming consists of now?

15. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Bill,

Nana re-disputed 3 Experian inquiries. As the result, 1 was deleted. I am re-disputing 1 Experian inquiry. As the result, I hope to get it deleted. Others are doing the same thing.

The dictionary defines "spam" in terms of "unsolicited usually commercial E-mail sent to a large number of addresses". Also,the dictionary says the source of the modern term(post Hormel) "spam" is - MONTY PYTHON!! Yes - MONTY PYTHON is the cause of this nonsense.

Now you have made me laugh. This is my last word on this ridiculous spamming issue.

16. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Bill you are very entertaining:)

And since Nana is clearly away from the boards for a few days, I suggest to leave her out of the discussion and just speak for yourself!!

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Again, I see nothing at all wrong with what you say you ared doing.

As far as the "dictionary" meaning of the word "spam" is concerned, your quotes are absolutely correct. All of us "coin a phrase from time to time" to make it descriptive of what we are talking about. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't.

Life's like that, I guess.

18. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bill you are very entertaining:)

I'd be awfully dull and boring if I wasn't, wouldn't I?

I suggest to leave her out of the discussion and just speak for yourself!!

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to point out to the other person.

Thank you

19. bailey

bailey Well-Known Member

Yes Bill, that last statement wasn't directed at you, you didn't bring Nana into the conversation in the first place.

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Thank you!

No I didn't. And I didn't bring any other person under any kind of attack either as you are well aware of.